PDA

View Full Version : Despirately Searching for Elmo!!!!

dd_ani
11-07-2002, 06:00 PM
I am despirately searching for either a plain stuffed elmo or an elmo puppet for dd for Christmas. Everything that I have seen does something -- what happened to good old imagination???

I know they make Elmo puppets because the photographer at Penney's the other day had one, which dd loved. And, of course, the Elmo craze appears to be over just as we are getting into it, so there isn't as much stuff out there as there was 5 years ago.

If anyone has any leads on any plain Elmo's, please let me know. I have looked at many toystores on the web and in person. I would try ebay, but I would really prefer new for something she will probably be cuddling with.

Thanks in advance,
Michelle

megsmom
11-07-2002, 11:39 PM
My dd is in love with the little red guy, too and my MIL says she found a non-chickendancing, singing, beeping, just-a-plain-old-stuffed Elmo at Walmart. It's her Christmas present so I haven't seen it, but you could try there.

Jen
mom to Meghan
born 7/13/01

MinnieMouse
11-08-2002, 11:04 AM
We got a plain old Elmo at Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA. It's a Sesame Street amusement park. It was only $13..they may actually have puppets there as well.

I'm sure if you called them they could make some kind of arrangements...although the park is closed now for the season.

Here is the link.

http://www.sesameplace.com/

When I went to the site they said that they would be open on weekends for holiday shopping...so it's not out of the question that you may be able to order something. Their stores are stocked well with most of the available Sesame Street toys...and they aren't overprice at all IMHO...the videos and cd's are a bit...but the toys are reasonable.

HTH

Christine

suzska
11-08-2002, 02:40 PM
Evan is now on his second plain, old Elmo from WalMart. He's maybe a foot tall and costs $5.88. He's not really machine washable, but I have done it. We're on our second one because Evan doesn't just "hug" his stuffed animals, he bites them on the nose! He will walk around the house with an animal hanging out of his teeth. Sometimes I think he is part Puppy! Anyway, the nose on Elmo the 1st started to come apart the other day from all the biting, and the stuffing is coming out, so I figured for $5.88 I would just pick up a new one! WalMart also has a few of the other Sesame Street characters (but I can't remember which ones right now). At our WalMart they're just in a big pile (loose) on a shelf near all the other stuffed animals.

brubeck
11-08-2002, 09:34 PM
I had the same problem. I was in a KB outlet store and my daughter fell in love with a plain old stuffed Elmo (called 'Fuzzy Elmo' on the box) and now she takes it with her everywhere. It has already been almost dumped in the toilet twice and left behind in 3 different places. I am so afraid it will get lost or destroyed without a replacement! I can't find this Fuzzy Elmo online anywhere and suspect they have stopped making it.

However you may want to check your local outlet/Big Lots-type stores. They may have one. What I ended up doing as a backup is buying a clearance Tickle Me Elmo ($10 at Big Lots) and taking out the batteries. He looks similar to the one she loves, he's just a little bigger and heavier.

I haven't seen Elmo puppets, but today at TRU I saw Elmo Christmas stockings with a big Elmo head and arms on the top. They look very cuddle-able.

jenfed
11-10-2002, 09:54 PM
KB Toys has one called Cuddly Elmo and it's a nice size and it doesn't make noise or anything. It was 9.99.

sophiesmom
11-19-2002, 09:33 PM
I bought DD a plain Elmo, at Babies R Us. I think it was called "My 1st Elmo", but not 100% sure. It's not super fuzzy, and I think machine washable. DD loves it!