PDA

View Full Version : High Chairs that you absolutely HATE

Melanie
12-10-2002, 12:51 PM
We don't have a high chair, since we only recently moved to a place where we had room for one. We currently have (& love) the 4 in 1 feeding chair, BUT I'd like to get a full-sized high chair since Ds is getting more active & we have the room. However, he's over a year old and I don't know how long people use high chairs, so I'm going to look for a second-hand one. Given that, I probably needn't bother trying to find out what everyone thinks is the best, b/c then I'll only drive myself crazy looking for it. So, just tell me the ones you hate!

Thanks Moms (& Dads)!

Mommy to Jonah

Juley
12-10-2002, 01:11 PM
We've had the Chicco Mamma Amore for about 10 mos. now and this is the beef that I have with it: the tray is to far away, the straps constantly fall, last but not least my son constantly gets his arm pinched between the tray and the rounded top part of the legs to the point where he cries out in pain.
Hope this helps you...somewhat

pamela mom of 3
12-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Age wise i think it depends on the child, my first one stayed in a HC till three, my second till just after two and third is not two and using a booster w/tray. Seems having siblings makes the HC less interesting.

Why not look at one of the entry level graco highchairs? The easy chair or neat seat, they are not to hard to clean, pretty cheap new and wil get you through till the HC phase is over.

http://www.gracobaby.com

:)

PS: The chairs i hate ?- Well i won't go so far as to say 'hate' but my two biggest gripes about my prima pappa DT are the pad rips on the back around the snaps and the harness is just dumb, a pest to clean and to remove.

sparkeze
12-27-2002, 12:49 AM
I don't know if I would say I HATE this but I definitely would not buy it if I got to start over. The Peg Perego Prima Pappa in white leatherette. We bought one, used it a few times, but we ended up buying a First Years booster for travel and we use that full-time and the PP is sitting in a closet. If you're planning to leave it out all the time and it never gets dirty, it might not be so bad but you have to wheel it into the kitchen to clean it, which I might add takes forever, then it folds up for storage, but my DS is really active and he's always trying to play with it and it's fallen on him once, so you need to either leave it opened or put it away someplace safe.