PDA

View Full Version : cushion for the eurotub??

momtobe
12-30-2002, 11:06 PM
I've read great reviews about the Eurotub - but it looks so hard and uncomfortable for baby! Is it usually used on its own, or should I register for some sort of insert? Help!

jojo2324
12-31-2002, 12:10 AM
We used a cushion initially, when he was still just a wee lad. Now that he's older (6 months on Thursday!) we use the tub as is. I would suggest getting an insert for the beginning...They're great for keeping the baby in place as well as comfort. Those bambinos get slippery and we're all already nervous wrecks with newborns, water, inexperience, etc. (Not implying I placed my new baby in the tub with an insert and let go!)

Momof3Labs
12-31-2002, 01:41 AM
We use a folded towel underneath Colin and it seems like he has been fine. But you could also register for an insert - it wouldn't hurt!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

joodyjr
01-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Just use a big soft towel: it's cheap, and you don't have to find someplace to keep it, plus it works just the same.

caroliner
01-02-2003, 06:45 PM
We used a sponge made for baby's bath. They are cheap, less than $10 and IMO easier than a towel as they ring right out. I would not want to deal with a soaking towel. It made her bath much more enjoyable. We now are using a bath ring for her, since she can sit up, and we cut up a tub sponge to insert in the ring.

BethG
01-02-2003, 08:43 PM
I highly recommend a tub sponge. I find it much easier to deal with a sponge post-bath, than a big drippy towel. (I have used the towel method in hotels when traveling though and it works just fine.) I got one in the shape of a bear for $4 at BRU. When we started using the bath ring, I also used the bear in the ring. I just folded it in half and used it like a big seat cushion, so it supported her both underneath and in back.

HTH,

Rachel 3
01-03-2003, 05:27 PM
We just used a folded cloth diaper at first, which was easier to wring out than a towel. Now she's fine without extra padding.

Rachel (used to be Rachels)
Mom to Abigail Rose
5-18-02

luvtoshop
01-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the idea to use the bear sponge. Used it last night--it worked great! Glad I kept that sponge around...

Love my eurotub even more now!

August Mom
01-21-2003, 04:06 PM
We used the Eurotub from the time our son was around 2 weeks old without any sort of cushion and he was fine. He even seemed to enjoy his first bath! The beauty of the Eurotub is that it is molded to help you hold your slippery little one up. I think it works great without a sponge or towel.

caroliner
01-21-2003, 06:27 PM
I agree it does work great w/o padding, but some babies just don't like that hard plastic. I know my daughter began to LOVE her bath when we added the sponge.