PDA

View Full Version : disposable ready to drink formula

michaelsmeme
01-09-2003, 03:54 PM
I am looking for places to buy ready to use and diposable formula in the bottle like the ones they give you in the hospital.
I know it is an expensive way to go but they are very easy to use on the road as they do not have to be heated and no worry about cleaning etc.
Anyone out there use them for night feedings?

darebear
01-09-2003, 04:11 PM
You mean the little glass bottles? If so, I have seen them at Babies R Us. Also I am not sure where you live, but there is a store in south Florida, Baby Love and that is where I would get them for my son. They also sell the nipples that go with it. I only kept them in the diaper bag as an emergency, since my son had tongue tie and didn't like the nipple. But they definately came in handy if we happened to be out longer than expected.

Allison

Momof3Labs
01-09-2003, 05:32 PM
I believe that you can order these from the formula companies' home delivery services - what brand do you use? I'll see if I still have an order form laying around.

Plus, RTF is available at BRU, Target, etc in larger bottles.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

michaelsmeme
01-09-2003, 05:55 PM
thank you for the info but the baby is not on any formula yet as it due in april.
I am just trying to do as much advance research as possible.
I know I want to use this despite the cost for late nite feedings and for traveling.
I was hoping to be able to get it in bulk but it was not in Costco.

egoldber
01-09-2003, 07:39 PM
Almost all formulas are available in 6 pack cans of RTF. The best prices are usually at Target, Walmart and places like that. You should shop around because formula prices vary dramatically.

I think I have only seen the small 3 ounce jars at BabiesRUs and even then only occasionally.

I also found these very useful for travel. At night you may want to consider a powder formula dispenser and a bottle of water on the bedside. It takes about 5 seconds to mix.

HTH,

todzwife
01-09-2003, 08:15 PM
The woman I work for ordered the glass bottles from the company for the night nanny. (I am the day nanny)They came in very handy because you don't have to warm them up. The Enfamil Lipil ones I know come in at least 2 sizes (maybe more I don't know) 3 oz and 6 oz. You can also ask your doctor. We get tons from the boys' ped. each time we go in for anything. :) Good Luck!
Shandelle :)

brubeck
01-09-2003, 08:44 PM
You can definitely order these in bulk from both Enfamil and Similac. There should be 800 numbers on their web sites and in the diaper bags you get from the hospital.

FYI, when I was out with my daughter I always wanted an emergency bottle of formula in the diaper bag too. What I did was I had a 6 oz. bottle with 4 oz of water in it and an Enfamil powder packet (looks like a long yellow stick). When I needed to I poured the powder into the bottle and shook. Fresh and room temperature. I also used these sticks when we went on plane trips to visit the relatives. Somehow seeing the in-laws made my milk production go down and I always needed to supplement a bit more then! :-)

egoldber
01-09-2003, 09:00 PM
I used the sticks too. But sometimes I didn't have water and/or it wasn't convenient to get water (especially on long plane flights). I also use disposable bottle with liners when flying/traveling and I personally found it difficult to adequately mix powder formula with room temp water, especially in a disposable bottle.

Just my experience,

darebear
01-09-2003, 09:34 PM
The sticks were great, but they only came out just as my son was going off formula and were still hard to find. I also ran into trouble with the water also, because my ped wanted me to boil the water, even the bottled water.

kathsmom
01-10-2003, 12:35 AM
I know that Similac had 2 oz bottles that you could order in bulk from them, along with various nipples to fit on these bottles. These were in little plastic bottles. The 4 oz size was in glass jars, I believe. I always meant to order the 2 oz size when DS was first born, but kept forgetting. Have you signed up at your OB's office for Similac or Enfamil? They will send you stuff during your pregnancy and when you come home with the baby. My order form for the Similac bulk purchases came in mailings they sent out, and in the diaper bag I got from the hospital.

Similac is made by Ross products of Abbott Laboratories. Their number is 1-800-515-7677 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Eastern time, weekdays. The website is www.Similac.com. I am sure that if you call them or look them up on the web, you can get the information about bulk ordering.

Good luck!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

brubeck
01-10-2003, 09:03 PM
The sticks were my emergency bottle. I always carried EBM in bottles as my primary feeding source. However if I knew I would ned more than 1 emergency bottle (such as on a plane) I also carried a small bottle of bottled water to use.

I agree that you can't shake to mix from a disposable liner bottle. I was using the plain old Gerber bottles and the Medela bottles from the PIS.

sbirmantaz
01-13-2003, 09:33 AM
Anyone know if they have anything like these convenient sizes for Carnation Good Start? Thanks