PDA

View Full Version : Baby Trend or Fisher-Price?

JP4
01-09-2003, 06:12 PM
I've been looking to buy a high chair for my 4 month old DS. I think I have narrowed it down to the Baby Trend or the Fisher-Price Healthy Care. I don't think I'll be having more children, so I don't want to buy a more expensive one. The only thing I don't like about the Fisher-Price is that it doesn't have wheels. However, on their website they are showing a Deluxe model that will have wheels, but it isn't in stores yet. The only thing I don't like about the Baby Trend is the cloth seat cover (what are they thinking? More laundry!), but I've seen on other sites that they plan to come out with a vinyl seat cover soon. Does anybody have any other likes/dislikes about either of these seats that might help me decide?

jlazx2
01-09-2003, 07:17 PM
I saw the new chair at Shopko (a midwest store), it has three trays one for each meal and wheels. It looked pretty nice, I have the baby trend & I think I would still pick it over the fisher price. I too am looking to get the vinyl seatm, however the cloth doesnt seem bad yet but my baby isn;t into the messy stage yet. The cloth cover seems to have a coating on it to make it easy to wipe off. I also saw the fisher price chair on a website for sale, maybe babyage.com, not sure.

Rachels
01-09-2003, 07:57 PM
I have the FP, and honestly, the lack of wheels is no big deal. It's very lightweight and easy to scooch across the floor if need be. I am SO glad to have the vinyl cover, and the snap-off tray cover that goes in the dishwasher is terrific. It's a good chair.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

abigailsmom
01-10-2003, 02:05 AM
I'm with Rachel... our FP seat is great for Abigail. She likes to just sit in it with toys on the tray. We live in a house that has more stairs than any place has a right to, but we can move the chair between floors with no problem. It folds easily and you can hang the tray on the back, but nothing beats the dishwashable tray!

dd_ani
01-10-2003, 02:28 PM
I have to chime in with a thumbs up for the Fisher Price. The washable tray is great and the vinyl seat is easy to clean. (Only the top part of the tray actually goes in the dishwasher, leaving your typical tray that can be used alone as well.) The only thing I don't like is the cloth trim on the seat pad which is great for becoming smeared with cookie goo. I was worried about the lack of wheels before I got it, but I actually prefer that way now. (It seems sturdier). Plus, it is very easy to fold and move when needed.

Hope this helps,

Michelle

nigele
01-10-2003, 02:41 PM
I have the FP and agree that it is really easy to pull across the floor even without the wheels. I have wood floors and it doesn't leave a mark. I love the dishwasher tray!

egoldber
01-10-2003, 05:41 PM
I am curious where you saw the info about them coming out with a vinyl seat for the BabyTrend. I emailed Baby Trend a couple months ago and asked them about this specifically, and I was told they were NOT planning to come out with a vinyl seat.