PDA

View Full Version : Which Diaper Genie is which?

LucyMeg
01-12-2003, 10:20 PM
We have a Diaper Genie that I purchased at a consignment sale. It is in good shape, but I don't know how to tell whether it's the original or a newer version. I need to know for purchasing refills. The top part that you lift up is clear pink plastic, if that helps any. The Genie itself is off white. I have not yet figured out how to use it (no instructions came with it), but I'm hoping a friend can show me. Is there much difference in the old and new models?

While I'm on this subject, is there a good way to keep these things smelling fresh? I realize I have to take what I get with a used one, but it does not have a great fragrance when opened.

egoldber
01-13-2003, 12:59 AM
You have what is called the "original" Diaper Genie, as opposed to the "improved" version. The pink ones are much older, since the new ones came out several years ago.

Make sure you get the pink refills, not the blue or green ones. I am positive that there are directions on-line at the Playtex website. There is also an 800 number you can call that is on the refill package.

When the Genie is properly used, there should be no smell. If this one has been improperly used in the past, then you may want to try using Lysol to clean it.

HTH,

LucyMeg
01-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Thanks! That does help. Have others with the older, original Genie found it to be satisfactory, or will I find myself wishing I'd just bought the newer one?

jlazx2
01-14-2003, 11:31 AM
I have the newer version of the genie(wide refills) & it has the pink clear top & beige container- when they updated the genie in 1998 they still had the pink clear top so you may have the updated one.