PDA

View Full Version : which Pac N Play do I choose

cchavez
01-21-2003, 10:49 PM
I am trying to decide on which PNP to get. I just found out the ones I am considering come with a 3/4 bassinet which is usable until the baby reaches 15 lbs. We plan on using the PNP so he can sleep when he is downstairs. Where does he sleep once he reaches 15 lbs on the bottom of the PNP or on the floor with a blanket? Do they make PNP's with FULL BASSINETS??? Where would I find one? Also how important are wheels on a PNP?

I am considering one PNP at Target with a changing station; 3/4 bassinet and mobile. This one does not have wheels and costs 79.99.

The one at BRU has the changing station; 3/4 bassinet and wheels...no mobile. It costs 99.99.

Thanks.

Momof3Labs
01-21-2003, 11:49 PM
By the time he reaches 15 pounds, there's a good chance that he'll be taking naps in his crib. Or he can sleep on the bottom of the PNP. On a blanket on the floor is a possibility, but at that time he might be getting close to rolling over, and you might not want him unconfined.

We have the Graco Cubby Bear PNP. Colin loooooved his PNP mobile (go figure) so I consider that essential, along with the changing station. The wheels are handy, too, because the PNP is awkward and heavy to move without wheels. We hardly used the bassinet (except to hold baby linens), even though I had big plans for it.

There are several PNPs with full bassinets on babiesrus.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/542468/ref=ba_hp_ln_bg_5/104-4626021-4560747

Just double-check the weight limit - I don't think it is any higher for the full-size bassinets, but at least you get the extra length so the baby will outgrow it by weight before length.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

Roleysmom
01-22-2003, 12:37 AM
We loved the three-way PNP, which has a full-size bassinet. We registered for it at BRU. Our DD slept solely in the bassinet from the day she came home until she was six months old. (I don't remember off-hand the weight limit for the bassinet. DD is on the small side.) When I felt she was too big for the bassinet, we put her on the floor of the PNP (with one of the sheets you can buy that fits the PNP and a lambskin that she loves) until we were ready to move her into a crib a few months later. When we visit relatives, we use their PNP and she sleeps on the bottom. At home, we still have it set up and use the changing station every day.

The three-way has two wheels, but we never move it, so I can't speak to the importance of the wheels. If I had to choose, I'd say take the full-size bassinet over the mobile.

I hope this helps!

Paula
--mom to Roley Julia 01/04/02

cchavez
01-22-2003, 08:54 AM
thanks for the info! I just checked out the link to BRU and I only found one with full size bassinet. It is not a Graco but a Baby Trend. Does Graco make full size??? I guess I will stick to 3/4 and then move him to the bottom of the PNP as he gets bigger. Thanks.

bnme
01-22-2003, 09:19 AM
I think the French Bear pattern is full size.

Our DH is only 2.5 weeks old and I don't think he'll fit in there comfortably length-wise when he is 15lbs. He was 21.5 inches, which I think is avrage...not a giant.

Roleysmom
01-22-2003, 11:17 AM
The French Bear Graco PNP does have a full size bassinet. (I think all of the three-way PNPs do?) That's what we have.

Paula