PDA

View Full Version : Fun foam puzzle floor mats - where to get, any experience?

RLymburner
01-22-2003, 08:17 PM
BRU has a 6x6 set of mats for $39 but I need about 4 of them for a 12x11 room. I went here first of course but haven't found any real information or anyone with experience. The ones I've seen online vary in thickness from 3/8 to 5/8 inches thick and are very expensive. www.Wondermat.com (someone posted here) has mats for about $1.75 sq/ft and www.GreatMats.com has them for even more.

Something I found on ebay that is tempting is this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20414&item=2301205931

Any thoughts/experiences or places I can check for prices?

RLymburner
01-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Oh and what can you possibly do about edging? I'm placing these mats on a hardwood floor and they will not be flush with the wall.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-23-2003, 01:39 AM
Target carries them in the Restore and Restyle Kids line. They have them to coordinate with the various themes.

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Logan Bartholomew, EDD March 21

belindapooh
01-24-2003, 09:16 AM
I found them at the local Ross (tons) and a couple at TJMaxx & Marshalls.

HTH,
Belinda
Nyah's Mom born 2/6/02

caroliner
01-24-2003, 12:54 PM
I also found them at Marshall's and know of a person who found hers at TJ Maxx. Mine was $5.00, I think hers was similarly cheap.

dd_ani
01-24-2003, 02:38 PM
We got several sets in primary colors from Home Depot for $20 for a set of 4. (Each one measures about 2x2, for a total of 4x4.) We put ours under our PlayDen, so we didn't have to worry about edging. Some of your other home improvement type stores might also carry something similar.

(The ones on ebay look an awful lot like the ones we bought, but ours didn't come with edge strips.)

Michelle

RLymburner
01-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Great suggestions everybody - I'm off shopping!

Thanks!

emmiem
01-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Just a thought. My almost 2 years old likes to pick at the foam. She eventually will get some and try to eat it. Needless to say, I got rid of mine!

RLymburner
01-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Ok - I ended up buying both the 1x1 squares from BRU and the 2x2 squares from Home Depot. The HD ones are thicker and appear much more durable so I placed 16 of these squares in the middle of the floor and arranged the BRU ones (have letters and numbers displayed on them)around the outside. They meshed PERFECTLY! The corners are a little skewed and leaves about a 1" gap on two of the corners but you can easily cut some of the extra border edges(that come with the BRU set) to fill in these gaps.

Pricing was about the same, $1.25 per sqft for the ones at HD and ~$1.10 for the ones from BRU.

The thicker ones from Home Depot may actually serve dual purpose in that they're easily transportable and I'll pull them up (very quick) and place them on the outdoor deck to guard against splinters.

Thanks for the help everyone, I hope this post helps others.

brubeck
02-14-2003, 08:04 PM
I found these at Ross Dress for Less yesterday. They had 26 square feet (letters only) for $15 and 36 square feet (letters and numbers) for $17. I bought some and they are great!