PDA

View Full Version : DR BROWN'S BOTTLE USERS: QUESTION FOR YOU...

mama2be
02-05-2003, 04:27 PM
Howday...

I had purchased a nice supply of the wide mouth bottles (it appeared they were recommended most). For my shower I got 6 bottles that are not wide mouth, AND they are not packaged since they were used for games during the shower, thus I can not take them back.

Do you all have any problems interchanging feedings between two size bottles, have you done it...I am exclusively formula feeding any info on the bottles would be great to know.

DR BROWN SPECIFIC PLEASE...

blnony
02-05-2003, 04:48 PM
well, your baby may like them. We received a three pack from babycenter.com because they had packed our order wrong, (we had ordered the wide neck version and I freaked out because we only had 3 bottles and this was the only one I could get her take) and DD would not take them. But she won't take any "regular" sized nipples, Playtex, Johnsons, Evenflo etc. Since you can't take them back, give them a try. Your baby may very well like both. I bF for three months, so that may be a reason why she preferred the wide neck, so again, they might work for you.
Good luck, I know you are getting excited!

sntm
02-05-2003, 06:18 PM
If not, could always donate them as well to a church, low-income daycare, women's shelter...
Wow! Any day now, Neve!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

juliasdad
02-06-2003, 11:18 AM
Heya, Neve-

We only used the wide mouths, since they seemed Avent-like and closest to the "natural" shape.

That said, remember that you won't know what your baby will like until you try it. I'm not sure how "nice" a supply of widemouths you got; since you can't take the others back, you could always start by trying them and if baby likes them, bring the wide-mouths back. Or, as others have said, donate them.

I don't think I'd try to switch between feedings.

-dan

JMarie
02-06-2003, 12:31 PM
Not Dr. Brown specific, but Aidan was on narrow bottles in the hospital for eight days - those graduated cylinder-type bottles, and now that he's home, we have him on the Avent bottles with no problem switching over. However, I don't know if switching back and forth would work, but I can say that when Aidan is hungry, we could probably give him just about anything and he would eat from it. I think since he's a bottle-only baby, he really doesn't care - the nipples all pretty much feel the same. I would say just don't switch between brands.

JMarie
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

blnony
02-06-2003, 01:10 PM
One of my best friends solely bottle fed her DS, and he will take any kind of bottle as long as it has what he wants! He has never had a spit up problem or a gas problem. It still amazes me. He will drink from wideneck, slender, latex, silcone, he just doesn't have a preference. So, you might be lucky and get a baby like him.

caroliner
02-06-2003, 04:32 PM
We use the regular ones, not wide mouth, but I tried the wide mouth and she was not interested. It is going to depend on your baby. I was planning to use the Avents, but she did not like those. In my experience, bottle choice is up to the baby and I have a cabinet of bottles to prove it!

evansdad
02-10-2003, 08:52 AM
we switched from the wide mouth to the "regular" ones at about 8 weeks, and he's been great with them since. This was over a year ago.

mama2be
02-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Thank you everyone...I am going to keep the hodge podge of both then...OH i hope he likes them!!!

pshontz
02-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Late answer. :-) I use Dr Brown's wide mouth. Baby took Avent for about 2 months and then started fussing terribly so we tried a bunch of different bottles (trying to figure out the problem) and she absolutely couldn't figure out what to do with a smaller nipple (Playtex Ventair) -- it was like she couldn't find it! She seemed to "pick" the Dr Brown and has used that for 3 months now. But our experience is a bit odd as she seems fussy about eating in general (ie, she won't take the bottle any time you offer it to her, as most of my friends' babies will). Priscilla

skates94
02-18-2003, 10:03 PM
If you don't like them, Walmart will take them back without a receipt and let them exchange it for the wide mouth ones. Tell them you tried them and they aren't working out for you as well as the wide-mouth ones.