PDA

View Full Version : sound machine for crib

sophiesmom
02-09-2003, 03:10 PM
I have baby #2 due in May. DD will be 22 months and their rooms will be right next to each other. Was looking for some suggestions for some type of white noise machines or music players for the crib and toddler's room, so if one child wakes it won't wake the other. I saw that BRU has a little machine for the crib that plays ocean sounds and womb sounds, but I'm not sure what is good. We have the FP aquarium but it only plays for about 10 mins! Thanks!

Momof3Labs
02-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Go to Target and pick up the Homedics white noise machine - it runs $13 and is located by the hair dryers. It runs on batteries or ac adaptor, and can be set on a timer or left to run alllllll night. I haven't found one better or cheaper out there!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

sophiesmom
02-09-2003, 06:48 PM
i'll check that out! i'm always at Target! ;-)

cdlamis
02-09-2003, 09:36 PM
I thought about buying one of crib cd players but then I saw a cute little white boombox that plays cds at Target for around $25- clearance dept. I also bought a cd at Target with the sounds of waves (DD loves the water). I put the boombox on repeat so that the cd plays all night. It was a lot cheaper than buying the crib player and she can use this when she gets older.
Daniella

Rachels
02-09-2003, 11:24 PM
I have this, too. It's GREAT.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Lisa_Seattle_2002
02-10-2003, 02:43 AM
We had a white noise maching made by The First Years available at BRU. http://www.thefirstyears.com/products/product.asp?pValue=4112
It kind of eats batteries but it was GREAT! It plays 4 sounds (we used waves) and it clips right on to the side of the crib. You can set it to play continuously or it can be voice (i.e. cry) activated. We used it until our DD was about 4 months old when she no longer seemed to need it. A tip: bring it with you whenever the baby has to sleep someplace unfamiliar - it is soothing to hear something from home.
HTH,
Lisa

colleenfs
02-10-2003, 04:48 AM
The target one is great. And a good price. I'd go for it! aS the previous poster mentioned, if you go away, TAKE IT WITH YOU!!

Colleen and Julia 1-10-02