PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price High Chair -- No Ruffles

jd11365
02-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Saw the new Deluxe FP high chair at Target today....sans ruffles! I know that many of you said this was a great chair except the ruffles on the edge which were hard to clean. Now there are no more...at least on the one at Target.

August Mom
02-09-2003, 09:40 PM
I also saw the FP Deluxe Healthy Care high chair at Target. Indeed, it does not have a cloth ruffle. However, it does have cloth piping in place of the ruffle. I'm not sure if this would be easier or harder to clean, but it does not completely resolve the issue of the seat being vinyl and the trim being cloth. Also, FYI the head support insert is made of fabric, not vinyl.

jd11365
02-09-2003, 11:21 PM
What is the head support insert?

August Mom
02-09-2003, 11:41 PM
The head support is a cloth pad that goes behind the baby's head. I really don't think that it would hold a baby's head in place, so I think it's more to provide extra padding for comfort than anything. The head support is removable. This link shows a pretty good picture of all the features of the Deluxe FP chair, including the head support. http://www.fisher-price.com/us/babygear/callout.asp?c=bgh&sku=B2105&pn=Deluxe+Healthy+Care%99+High+Chair

jlazx2
02-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Had the wheels & extra trays (89.99) so was the deluxe version.