PDA

View Full Version : Fisher price intellitable?

myllam
02-10-2003, 01:35 AM
Hi,

I went crazy at the 75% off toys clearance at Target and ended up with way too much toys. Now I have to decide which ones are worth keeping. Does anyone have the Fisher-Price Intelli-Table? How does it rate to other toys? Since the toy is for 9 months+, I wondered if it would continue holding the interest of my 18 month old?

Thanks.

Monica

Sixofus
02-10-2003, 03:51 PM
I bought one under similar circumstances, so cheap I couldn't pass it up. When we set it up, my 1 1/2 and 3 year old played with it quite a bit for a couple months, but now it sits in the corner and never gets a second look. They were more fascinated that the rings store on the inside of the table than anything the rings actually do.

I have 4 kids and have determined not to ever buy another electronic toy, you know with lights, sounds, all the bells and whistles. I have bought so many Vtech (and other similar brands) toys and I can honestly say none of them ever used the toys the way they were intended to be used or learned their letters or shapes or anything else by playing with them.

I think it's another one of those toys that sounds great to adults, but to kids it's just another thing to bang on to make noise!

myllam
02-11-2003, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I had a feeling it may be one of those types of toys, but its hard to pass up when reg. price was $64 and it was $12. But then if it isn't used much, it is a waste of $12 :-) So I think this is a return...

I think your are right about the electronic toys, my DS has a vtech push toy, and now I wish I had purchased the little tyke push car with no noise at all, I think he would have liked it just as much...

ismommy
02-11-2003, 01:51 PM
when did traget have 75 percent off toys? We have the intelletable and our daughter loved it for a few months then stopped playing with it and has recently started again at 16 months. She received it for her year bday and even with all the other toys she got she loved it would run in from dayacre to play with it.

Helene
mommy to Isabella

myllam
02-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Around mid-January, Target cleared out their excess toys from xmas to make room for their spring/summer stuff. It was a madhouse the day I was there, so it was just easier to buy things and then decide what I really wanted by son to play with :-) I think they do this toy clearance every year because I got some great deals around that time last year too...

ismommy
02-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Thanks for letting me know I will keep taht in mind for next year.

Helene
mommy to Isabella