PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late to buy the Eurotub?

mamahill
02-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Ok, we've been making-do with just laying Ainsleigh in the tub on a towel submerged in the water. She loves her bath and has been just fine. She has also enjoyed sitting and splashing in the water lately - even more than just laying there. But the past couple nights she has been lunging forward and flopping onto her belly (quickly scooped up by me or DH!) trying to get her rubber duckies. I would think that she's getting too old to be investing in a Eurotub, but not sure what else I should do. (I guess I should add that I saw a pic of Abigail in hers and I instantly thought, "I NEED that!" haha Rachel - look what you DO to me!!) I tried the bath seats but they seemed a little awkward and Ainsleigh couldn't even reach the water with her hands because she's small for her age. *sigh* Any recommendations? I should also add that I do plan on having more children eventually, so it isn't like the Eurotub would only be used for a couple months.

One more question - how long did you use the Eurotub? (am I obsessing over something that will be obsolete before too long?) TIA!

jojo2324
02-12-2003, 04:44 PM
I think it's great, though hefty in size. Mine was $25, so not a *huge* investment, especially if you plan on having more kiddies.

It's great because G-man isn't fully sitting up yet (ie, can't bring himself up to the sitting position from laying down, will catapult himself onto his belly and smack his head when he *is* sitting, etc), and the post in the middle of the tub prevents him from flopping forward when he gets exuberant about his ducks and octopuses in front of him. (Just wanted to say thanks to Sue B. for calling it a post in one of your responses about this a while back. Previously I was calling it a spike or median for lack of a better word. x()

Finally, the incline combined with the post is great for itty babies. The post keeps them from slipping down.

So I say get one. Just make sure you have somewhere to keep it. They are really big.

egoldber
02-12-2003, 05:17 PM
I started using the bath seat with Sarah when she was around Ainsleigh's age or even younger. Just fill the tub more! I also put a sponge cushion underneath Sarah in the seat so that she didn't slouch.

I also have an inflatable tub that I got after Sarah got too big for the bath seat. I LOVE the inflatable tub and would really recommend it. Many people use the SnugTub (BRU, $14). Mine is in the shape of a duck and is made by Munchkin (Target, $10). I still use it, because I like the security of knowing if she slips, she will land against the inflatable tub as opposed to the side of the big tub.

Personally, I think the Eurotub is just too big.

HTH,

nohomama
02-12-2003, 05:42 PM
I second Beth's suggestion of the inflatable tub. The SnugTub was actually too wide for our bathtub and we ended up getting one at Target as well, though not the Munchkin tub...I can't remember the brand but it was between $8-$10. It was no bigger that Lola's Evenflo Comfort Sling tub and hand a suction cup so we could hang it in the shower or on the bathroom wall.

We used it up until a couple of monthes ago when Lola started to seem too long for it and a little cramped. In addition to providing a soft place to land if baby takes a header, it's also fabulous for travel since it's only a few pounds and, when deflated, folds to about the size of a shirt or pair of pants. We took it to Germany with us because the freind we were staying with only had a shower.

mamahill
02-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Hmm... you've given me more to think about. With the inflatable tubs, though, is there anything to keep the baby from attempting to crawl? That was the one thing about the Eurotub (the post) that appealed to me. Maybe with the smaller space, though, it will be easier to keep her in one place.

Thanks for the cushion suggestion in the tub chair, Beth. I didn't even think of that. We just sat her in there and said, "This won't work!" because the ring that is supposed to go around the baby's waist (?) was at her armpits. So the only way she could have touched the water was if it was filled up that high. She's taller now, though, so maybe we'll give that another try. So many options! Thanks!

Rachels
02-12-2003, 07:27 PM
I've heard of people using the Euro past 18-19 months, because it has a toddler side. I love it and am really glad we have it.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Magda
02-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Does Ansleigh really need a special tub? The reason I ask is because Connor was born in June and we just put him in the tub. We've never had any problems. We just put an inch or two of water (so that if he is laying on his back the water comes up to his ears) and go.

Elaine

mamahill
02-15-2003, 11:59 PM
Yeah, that's what we have been doing. As much as she likes to lay there, she really prefers to sit up. And sitting up leads to lunging forward, etc. That was why I asked - to find out if there was an easier/safer way to allow her to sit up but prevent her from taking off. Now she's looking to the side of the tub and trying to pull up, etc. I suppose this is all part of growing up and I just need to keep good watch over her. Just looking for the easy way out... ;)