PDA

View Full Version : Babee Tenda table?

Debbie Due with Deux
02-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Hello -

My husband and I attended one of those "safety seminars" (which I NOW know is mentioned in the book on page 281) offered by Babee Tenda today. Although we got a lot of interesting info about safety concerns, we were a bit upset about the fact that we sat through almost three hours for a sales pitch for their products. We did NOT buy anything, but we were impressed with their table (which truly has a ton of functions!). We decided to come home and see if we could buy it for cheaper someplace. It seems that EBAY is the only place we found selling it. And although it was cheaper than the "show's" price, it was still expensive in our eyes...especially since we'd need two!

My question - does anyone out there have experience with these tables? Are they really worth the price tag? And why - if they are so SAFE - are they not more readily available?

(FYI - We registered for First Year's 4 Stage Feeding Seat, as opposed to high chairs anyway....we just don't have the room for 2 high chairs in our tiny kitchen.)

Thanks for any input!
Debbie

etwahl
02-15-2003, 08:20 PM
We did not purchase one of their feeding tables, although we did attend their seminar early on in the pregnancy. We too thought "wow, what a safe product with so many functions, if only it weren't so expensive..." We did, however, think it was butt ugly, but figured that the safety of our child was the most important thing.

Upon doing a bunch of research (and it was at this time we discovered the Baby Bargains book and message boards), we discovered that while their product probably is pretty safe, it's not necessarilly safer than any of the other proven products out there. Someone a while ago mentioned a good point - maybe they don't have the "warnings" they are so proud of not having because they don't sell normal retail (you can only buy through their company or used).

In addition, upon looking at the chair's other "uses", we knew we would never haved used it for what they were claiming it was so great for, e.g. a swing or a bathtub.

I just recommend you do very thorough research of this chair before you purchase (even if you do find it for a fairly good deal). Since it's been SO long since we did this research, I can't remember everything we discovered, but we were really disgusted by Babee Tenda in general. From the way they get you there to listen to their sales pitch (the "so-called" safety seminar), to the way they scare you into thinking if you don't buy their products, your child will surely die. Their sales methods and ethics to me are pathetic. Heck, even the cribs/mattresses they sell are of non-standard size, so you must buy "their" bedding or have it made custom.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

mgentry
02-19-2003, 03:06 PM
hello debbie,

my husband and i went to the same seminar and we actually bought
one of those feeding tables. however, i was very concerned about
how much money we forked over. i thought, well it will all be worth
it because we will use it for a long period of time and it had so
many uses. the next day my husband and i cancelled the order because
we relized that when the child gets older and uses the table to draw
on or eat on, there are no locks on the wheels. i cant see placing
a 3 or 4 yr old at a table to eat that rolls around. we called the
company and asked if they had locks or different leg extensions to
add to the table and their reply was no. so i decided against baby
tenda. i couldnt see spending all that money and not really being
able to use it as my child got older.

hope that helps some,
michelle

Debbie Due with Deux
02-22-2003, 11:20 PM
Tammy -

You bring up a good point about the "warning labels!" We, too, were a bit disgusted by the whole Babee Tenda approach, which is why we didn't even think about it once we saw the outrageous price.

I think I'll stick with my little 4 in 1 feeding seat...I'll just be careful and watch the twins!

Thanks - Deb

Debbie Due with Deux
02-22-2003, 11:22 PM
Michelle -

I never thought about the wheels! Good point. I'm glad you were able to cancel your order, too.

Thanks for your input...hopefully other people just won't the seminars like you and I did!

-DEbbie