PDA

View Full Version : Sparkling Symphony Stacker and Classical Chorus Stacker

jfromer
02-18-2003, 04:44 PM
I was just at BRU and saw that Fisher Price is selling a Classical Chorus Stacker. It looks similar to the Sparkling Symphony Stacker, except there are no sparkles in the stars and there is a yellow star that tops off the stacker instead of a yellow sphere.

Does anyone know if Fisher Price is discontinuing the Sparkling Symphony Stacker in favor of the Classical Chorus Stacker? Also, are there any other differences that anyone knows of between the two stackers (e.g., musical selections)?

Thanks!

egoldber
02-18-2003, 08:10 PM
I just saw the new one in TRU today. I preferred the old style myself. It is one of the few toys in the Sparkling Symphony line that I don't fine annoying.

muskiesusan
02-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Our Sparkling Symphony Stacker broke after very little use, so I called Fisher Price to replace it. They said they didn't have any more, but would send me a refund. So, I think they are discontinued. I have seen the new stackers, but don't like them as well. I didn't listen to the music, but I didn't like the look or how it operated as well.

HTH
Susan

myllam
02-19-2003, 03:20 AM
hmm, our symphony stacker broke too with little use. Also, my DS managed to get his lip caught on the yellow ball when he was playing with it (on the small clip that holds it in place when it is placed on the stacker) and had a bruise for a few days. Needless to say, that toy was quickly put away.

egoldber
02-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Are you sure it doesn't need a battery? The singing was startinf to dwindle on mine, I put in new batteries and it's better than new. Remember that toys on stores in shelves get played with a LOT before being bought. And this really is one of Sarah's absolute favorite toys.

HTH,

muskiesusan
02-19-2003, 10:40 AM
I thought it was the batteries, too, but when I changed them, it got worse (and I tried several different batteries). To get the thing to play any songs, I had to hold all the buttons down continuously, or it would stop. Even that didn't work all the time either not playing at all or something very out of tune.

It's a shame, since Nicholas loved the toy!

Susan

myllam
02-19-2003, 03:02 PM
Nope, we tried new batteries still no music or lights at all. Also, new batteries doesn't help the lip thing. We did let him continue playing with the stacker with no sound and no yellow ball, which he still liked, but then that makes it similar to the old fashion stacker with no music or lights...