PDA

View Full Version : Pack N Play as Changing table

bnme
02-20-2003, 11:02 AM
OK, how do you organize the changing station of the PNP? I have Cubby Parade model in my den. It has compartments on the side but them seem useless for any think but a few diapers and maybe a travel case of wipes. My DS is still using the bassinette so I can't put the supplies there. And when he isn't using that I'll likely want access to the bottom portion.

Any tips?

COElizabeth
02-20-2003, 11:29 AM
We have the same model and use it as our downstairs changing area. I stand a few diapers up (he's in size 3 Pampers now) in the two outer compartments, and I put a full-size tub of wipes (Kirkland from Costco, but I have also had Huggies wipes in there) standing on end in the middle compartment. Since it's not our primary changing area, it's not a big deal to keep only 6 or so diapers in it, and I don't really need anything else there. Good luck!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

bnme
02-20-2003, 02:16 PM
Thanks! I didn't try it sideways. Not very creative, am I! It would be a 2ndary station for me as well so it doesn't need to be fully stocked. The wipes were really my problem and I didn't want to just keep travel wipes there.

August Mom
02-20-2003, 08:51 PM
I have the same model as well and have organized it several different ways. I have kept the diapers standing up in the center compartment, diaper rash ointment, petroleum jelly and lotion in an outer basket and 2 travel wipes containers in the other outer basket. I also have kept a regular size tub of Huggies wipes in the center compartment with diapers in an outer compartment. I found that I was using this diaper changing station so much that I now have a Diaper Depot hooked on one side and the parent organizer that came with the PNP on the other side. The Diaper Depot holds lots more diapers and easily holds a regular container of wipes. The other method I have seen used is a TV table next to the PNP with a basket of diapers and the regular tub of wipes sitting on it.

egoldber
02-20-2003, 10:12 PM
I have this cart: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000059XRJ/qid=1045792534/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-3750569-6449535?v=glance&s=baby

I put it right up against my PNP. On the top, I have a stack of diapers, a box of wipes and a tube of diaper rash cream. This cart has several storage areas and when Sarah was smaller I stored all her extra diapers in it. In fact, when she was smaller, I could fit her entire wardrone in this cart! LOL!!!

Now that she is older, I use the interior of the PNP to store diapers, but I still put wipes on the top of the cart. Occasionally she uses it as a push toy, but mostly she leaves it alone.

It is pretty inexpensive, takes up very little room and I have found it to be invaluable.

HTH,

August Mom
02-20-2003, 10:41 PM
I have also seen this cart at Target.

sarsah
02-22-2003, 07:58 AM
There is something called, I think "Diaper Depot" made by Prince Lionheart. It is really made to be hung from a changing table, but will fit on the Pack & Play. It is clear plastic and hold diapers and a tube of wipes. There are two small 'bins' on either side for lotion, diaper rash ointment, etc.

That's what I used for DS as my P&P did not come with any kind of diaper holder, etc., but did come with the changing table.

Sarah......

bnme
02-22-2003, 09:21 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. I think I am going to look for a diaper depot tomorrow.