PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Using Two Baby Monitors at Once?

nancyj65
02-20-2003, 05:55 PM
I have a Fisher Price 900 megahertz Lights and Sound monitor that I got in April of 2001 when my son was born. We're still using it with him. Baby #2 is due next month and I'd like to get another monitor for her. Although my son sleeps through the night I still want to be able to hear him if he has a bad dream or calls for me. I'm concerned about having both units on my nightstand--won't they create static from the interference with each other? Does anyone else have two monitors going at once, one for each child? I'd sure appreciate any advice. I really like the peace of mind I get from the monitors.....they let Mommy sleep well knowing that I can hear everything.

Thanks in advance!
Nancy in Livermore, CA

brubeck
02-20-2003, 07:39 PM
I have 2 monitors (one in each child's room) but I cannot have both on at the same time or I get static and screeching from them. I use the one for my newborn at night, and the other one for my older child in the daytime when she naps. Even though the monitors are not on at the same time they have to be on different channels (one is on A, one is on B) or I get static again.

To help with hearing my older child at night, I just leave everyone's bedroom door open and I can hear any significant noises from the hallway.