PDA

View Full Version : peg high chair-dual fabric or vinyl

arizonamommy
02-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Trying to purchase my chair and want the easiest to keep clean. Everyone I know loves the vinyl, don't have any info. on the dual fabric. Any feedback would be helpful. I want to purchase soon.

Thank you

Marcy

Momof3Labs
02-21-2003, 04:02 PM
I have the dual fabric, although Colin isn't eating solids yet. There is a vinyl pad under the fabric, so it can be used alone easily. I also bought an extra vinyl pad cheap on the Perego website (I hope it fits!). The fabric, though, is nice right now. We've been putting Colin in the high chair for over a month now, so he can join us while we eat. I prefer to have him sitting on the fabric for now. But that could also be accomplished using a blanket.

One thing - I wouldn't want to take the fabric off every day to wash it! Or maybe I just have to get used to it. My high chair was a gift - if I were buying it myself, I might not have splurged on the dual seat covers.

MichelleL
02-22-2003, 01:59 AM
I also have the dual fabric. I love it, for now. My ds is not eating a whole lot of solids yet so the fabric wipes clean pretty easily and so far no stains. I have not used it with just the vinyl yet but like the option of either. I LOVE the way this chair looks. Like I said, it works great right now. We'll see how it holds up. I think I will also invest in an extra vinyl cover to be on the safe side.

Good Luck on your decision. I hmmmmd and hawwwwd for months over this one (and basically every baby purchase we've made ;) )!

Michelle L

mom of thomas fan
04-24-2003, 10:54 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if you could you tell me how well does the Peg Perego high chair replacement cover fits?

Thank you.

Momof3Labs
04-25-2003, 08:05 AM
Sorry, but I can't tell you - haven't tried it yet. And replacing the covers requires some effort, so I probably won't be doing it soon (Colin isn't self-feeding yet, so not making too much of a mess).

nofeea
04-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Oh boy, am I having decision making issues also...
I love the way the Peg looks but am feeling guilt over the review in the latest BB book. The tray IS far away from the baby and pretty high. Should I be looking more at the FP Healthy whatever...? I actually DID look at it once in a store but I keep coming back to the sleek Pappa! HOW did you finally make your choice???

Momof3Labs
04-30-2003, 07:35 PM
I registered for the Prima Pappa based on the high recommendations from the last Baby Bargains book and received it as a shower gift, but if I had to do it again, I would wait until we were ready for a high chair (we started using it at 4 months so that Colin could keep us company; started solids at 6 months) and then pick the one that fit my baby the best. Fortunately, he is very tall so the tray height isn't an issue and the distance of the tray from the baby is handled OK using the Baby Bjorn scoop bibs. So it works fine for us so far, but I wouldn't necessarily pick this chair again.

That said, I'm not crazy about the looks of the FP or Baby Trend chairs, either, so I understand where you are coming from. Thus, I suggest waiting until you HAVE to buy one - maybe someone will come out with a much better chair by then and you will get the best of all worlds!

nofeea
05-01-2003, 12:46 PM
Thanks, but we are rapidly approaching that point! DD began her rice cereal last week and so far I am feeding her in her carseat but yesterday she knocked the bowl out of my hand and we now have a rice cereal coating over our fabric carseat ... (I know I can take it off and wash it, but what a pain...) I think she was trying to tell me to hurry up and MAKE A DECISION ALREADY so that she can get a highchair!!! :)