PDA

View Full Version : Pack n Play what is best?

cindi5
02-24-2003, 12:58 AM
I have heard that Graco makes the best pack n plays. I have a dd who is 15 mo. and expecting #2 in Sept. We never did get one of these and it could have come in handy many times. Which is the best to get?

I was leaning towards the 5 way Pack n Play but heard somewhere that the bottom is made of a material that makes a lot of noise when the child moves in it. I have no personal experience and just want to buy the right one. Maybe this was old model? Does anyone recommend the best one to get?

Thanks!

bnme
02-24-2003, 05:07 AM
I have the 5 way PNP-Cubby Parade. I have notnoticed that the mat is noisy, but I use a sheet on it. It is a vinyl type material so it may make noise w/o the sheet. I love mine-my DS naps in the bassinette all the time.

MinnieMouse
02-24-2003, 10:44 AM
We had an arms reach cosleeper that we used for dd to sleep in our room until she was 6mo (she was and still is a peanut...we had to stop using it when she started crawling). During that time we just put dd on a blanket or her gymini on the floor in the living room...never needed a pack n play since she wasn't moving.

Once we stopped using the cosleeper in our room, we dropped the "floor" to the bottom to use as a pack n play and moved it into the living room. To be honest, we used it maybe 5-6 times in 6mo and then finally took it down since it was taking up too much real estate in the living room.

For us a pack n play was useless. The only times we did use it was when dd was sleeping in it...usually after she fell asleep in the car on the way home from somewhere and we put her down there when we got home.

I don't know if I would invest too much $$ in one, especially since you didn't use one with your first.

Christine

Sarah1
02-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Hi--we actually bought 2 pack n'plays--we have the "3 way" and teh "sweet dreams". Both Graco. The Sweet Dreams ROCKS. It is pricier, but has a lot of features (music, vibration) and is really sturdy.

I never liked the changing table feature with the pack 'n play. It doesn't seem that sturdy, and it's really easy just to change teh baby on the bed.

Also, they really are pretty easy to take down and put up.

Good luck!

sophiesmom
02-24-2003, 10:38 PM
We got our pack n play in 2001. It was the Graco pack n play which has a bassinet, changing table, and a parent organizer on the one side. It was sage green and cream and had jungle type animals all over it, very cute! I never noticed problem with noise... She's also slept in the Graco "Party" pattern PNP (comes w/ only a changing table) and a Century one (grandparents). All were fine, but I still like the one we had for home.

I highly recommend getting one with the changing table and organizer, especially if you will be keeping it downstairs like we did. It was a lifesaver, not only could the baby sleep in it, we used it to change diapers and kept a supply of diapers, wipes, and cream in the organizer.. loved it! Looking forward to breaking it out soon for #2 in May!
Good luck!

mcades
03-05-2003, 11:33 PM
We got a ton of use out of our Graco 3-way. Found the changing table & little shelf attachment to be especially handy for holding diapering stuff - much better than the bags that snapped onto the sides. We kept it downstairs in the family room so we didn't have to keep running upstairs for diaper changes. While my lil' one rarely slept in the basinet - he had reflux & rarely slept anywhere horizontally! - it was great for putting him down for a few minutes & having him separated from the family dog! Plus, as he's gotten older, he still likes to play in it (now 18 mos) & it makes a good fireplace blockade!