PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Fast Deluxe table chair vs. Me Too Portable High Chair

cblasko
02-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone, I have read some great reviews about the Me Too portable chair. My concern is that some reviewers reported that it may damage some tables and it can slip off once in a while. Baby Outfitters sells both the Me Too chair, as well as the new Inglesina chair. The Inglesina looks like the clamp is more forgiving, comes in cool colors, and has a little more structure to the seat. We have not seen either IRL yet, so I looking for any input from Moms who have used one or the other, or maybe even both. :)

Here is a link to see both chairs:
https://secure11.websitecomplete.com/banjo/shop/showDept.asp?dept=126#

Thanks much,
Cindy
Mommy-to-Grant, 06-03-2002

egoldber
02-24-2003, 03:47 PM
I have the Me Too chair and I really like it. It is very sturdy. It does not fit on all chairs, but NO feeding chair works on all chairs or in all situations. The problem with damage is that it is a VERY strong clamp on the seat. If you will be using it on a "nice" table, than I would definitely put something underneath the top clamp. I cannot imagine that a properly installed Me Too seat would come off.

These seats are terrific for travel. But if you are only going to buy one portable seat, you may want to think about one of the fold up seats (I also have a Safety First seat that I like). There are convenient to use at other people's houses and you don't have to worry about damaging their table.

FYI, I think that the Me Too seat can be found a little cheaper than that. Also, Buy Buy Baby stores carry it if one is near you.

HTH,

LisaS
02-24-2003, 03:53 PM
I have the Me Too chair and am very happy with it. I have never had a problem with it slipping off nor has it damaged any tables. I bought it after seeing a friend use it on her DD, slightly older than mine. There's usually a chair or booth underneath it anyway, but I'd use it without.

The Inglesina chair definitely has brighter, funkier colors, and I like the storage pocket in the back - good for extra spoons or table toppers. But other than that, I'm not sure how different they really are as I've never seen the Inglesina seat IRL.

cblasko
02-26-2003, 10:27 AM
Thanks to both Beth an Lisa for replies. I also emailed Baby Outfitters to get their input. Here's what they said below. We decided to go with the Me Too because of better portability.

[Hi Cynthia!
[They are both really nice - the Me Too folds much smaller that the [Inglesina. They've enhanced the rubber pads under the arms of the [Me Too so that it holds better. I haven't had an experience where [it damages a table (both Kit & I use this chair - we keep them in [our cars). The Inglesina is a beefier chair, holds more weight, but [won't really fit well in your MB basket. For portability, go with [the Me Too. For convenience at home or at "grandma's", go with the [Inglesina.

[Me Too's are in stock in Black (I might have a navy left also).

[Michelle
--
[Baby Outfitters