PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

michlee
02-26-2003, 05:15 PM
I am trying to decide between the Baby ala Cart and the Floppy Seat. Has anyone seen both? Which do you think is better or are they pretty much the same thing?

-Michelle

kalaheo13
04-21-2003, 12:51 PM
I haven't tried either, but I do have the Buggy Bagg which I LOVE!!! You can find it at www.buggybagg.com

Happy shopping!

Andrea S
04-21-2003, 02:03 PM
I have not seen the floppy seat, but I have the baby ala cart and from the pictures the ala cart looks more cushy. We love our ala cart I have used it in shopping carts and high chairs.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Kate888
04-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Hi Andrea, can you put the Baby ala Cart on with only one hand? Is it easy? My DD is 14 month, but she doesn't sit in shopping carts for more than 15 minutes. It looks to me that she needs back support on the seat. She always slides down a little and her body is like 45 degree to the seat and looks very uncomfortable. Do you think BAC is cushy enough for that? Does it fit larger carts like Cosco ones?

Thanks a lot!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Andrea S
04-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Yes, I can put it on 1 handed while holding Andrew (who was 21 lbs and 29" at his 8 month appt). I have not tried it on the big carts like costco, but I do not think it is wide enough. I am not sure about the back support. Andrew always sits straight up and holds onto the handle, but when he does sit back it seems to support him. Sorry I was not more help.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

August Mom
04-21-2003, 10:28 PM
It does fit on the carts at Sam's Club (which I assume are like those at Costco). My only complaint when on the warehouse carts is that my DS can lift up the side padding and touch the cart if I'm not quick enough. The material does cover all sides, but there is no extra material there. There is plenty of material in the front. I do not think that the BABY a la Cart is cushy enough to hold up a child. My DS doesn't lean in the cart, but most of the padding on the BABY a la Cart is in the front rather than the back. Perhaps someone with a Buggy Bagg could comment on whether you can use its pillow as a back support. I know that it comes with a pillow, but I'm not sure how it is supposed to be used.

Kate888
04-22-2003, 09:11 AM
Thanks Andrea and August Mom for your help :) Hope I can find a cover with enough padding so DD can sit in shopping carts long enough for me to shop. I've also seen lots of homemade shopping cart covers on ebay. There is a particular one that's been popular at around $24.50. Don't know how good it is though.

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

cara1
04-22-2003, 12:46 PM
How did you put it on the high chair? I found it to be too bulky, and I couldn't figure out how to buckle it.

August Mom
04-22-2003, 01:01 PM
It is a little bulky, but I line up the leg holes of the BABY a la Cart with those on the high chair. Then I take the belt out of the wider slot and take it around the back of the chair, back through the slot and buckle it. Two things, though: the toy rings are too low when used on a highchair, so I link toys to the belt and it only works on high chairs with a bar in front. We went to Cracker Barrel where the typical style of restaurant highchair is not used and the BABY a la Cart didn't work there.