PDA

View Full Version : which baby einstein dvds?

wendmatt
03-02-2003, 02:21 AM
I'm thinking of getting a few if the Baby Einstein dvds and wondered which ones are the best bet to get. I've done a search and Baby Mozart seems to be popular, any others which are a must? My DD is 3 months old.
Thanks
Wendy (mum to Emily Maya born Nov 21 2002)

LisaS
03-02-2003, 05:52 AM
We have them all and here are DDs (13 months) favorites in descending order - she's been watching since 3 months:

Baby Dolittle (Neighborhood Animals)
Baby Newton
Baby Van Gogh
Baby Motzart
Baby Einstein

However, Motzart and Einstein are best when they're very young (<6 mo.s). WE started watching Dolittle and Newton when she was 7/8 months and now she LOVES them. Motzart and Einstein were best when she was younger, so I'd reccommend starting with those. For some reason, Motzart is also very relaxing - DD would watch this after her bath...wind down time and she still does from time to time.

I do not recco. Baby Bach - it is incredibly boring for me & DD -- I have watched them ALL. Baby Beethoven is OK but not great. Baby Shakespeare is good for 1 yr + but not as good as Dolittle or Newton. And Dolittle (World Animals) is also OK but not nearly as good as Neighborhood animals.

Another series of videos I'd reccommend is Baby Songs http://www.babysongs.com

egoldber
03-02-2003, 09:37 AM
My DD enjoys them all, but she definitely has favorites.

Her favs are:
Baby Mozart
Baby Dolittle Neighborhood Animals
Baby Shakespeare

If I were only getting three, those are the ones I would get. I actually have the 10 DVD set that I got from Costco. We watch them all occasionally and for variety, but those 3 are definitely her favorites.

HTH,

colleenfs
03-02-2003, 10:55 AM
For a newborn, get Baby Mozart. When she gets older, try Neighborhood Animals, Shakespeare, Van Gogh, and Baby Santa's Music Box at Christmastime, if you celebrate (that's actually my favorite one. My husband had to force me to stop playing it in mid-January!)

We do not care for Einstein, Newton, or World Animals. Bach and Beethoven are so similar to Mozart that you only need one, and Mozart is the best.

Colleen and Julia 1-10-02

Karenn
03-02-2003, 12:52 PM
We got the set at Costco, but he's only watched a few of them so far. Of the composer series (Mozart, Bach & Beethoven) I had expected him to prefer Baby Mozart, since that's what most other's have said that their babies liked, but Colin seemed to really prefer Baby Bach and Baby Beethoven. The three are very similar, but I think if you asked Colin, he'd tell you Beethoven is the best and not to bother with the others. :) He didn't have much interest in Baby Einstein Language Nursery.

wendmatt
03-03-2003, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the info. Is there a difference between baby Einstein neighbourhood animals and baby Dolittle neighbourhood animals? I have a gift certificate for Target (no Target near us) so was going to order them and the picture they display looks the same, but I'm not sure if the dvds are the same.
Thanks again. My poor husband calls himself a baby bargains widower as I won't buy anything without checking here for ages first!!
Wendy

colleenfs
03-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Wendy-I believe those are the same. :)

Colleen and Julia 1-10-02

jojo2324
03-03-2003, 12:04 PM
Gannon really enjoyed Baby Einstein in the beginning. We couldn't try out Baby Mozart because somehow it got lost at Grampa's. But we found it a few weeks ago and he loves that and Neighborhood Animals too. I have played Baby Bach, but he doesn't squeal and laugh like he does with the other ones. Now that he is a little bit older, he doesn't seem to care for Baby Einstein as much.

Jen841
03-04-2003, 04:42 PM
The whole set of dvd's or videos ($60 something?) is available. We bought it as a baby Christmas gift for our arrival in May. They all came highly recommended.

For a father who LOVES his TV and electronics it was the perfect Expectant Dad gift.

egoldber
03-04-2003, 04:49 PM
The video set is $60 and the DVD set is $99. Both are good deals. They are also available at costco.com.

HTH,