PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Peas & Carrots

ms tinkerbell
03-06-2003, 09:06 PM
And we love it!

I ordered it from http://www.blissforthebaby.com at $159 no shipping. I ordered on Saturday from Seattle. I received it from UPS on Tuesday! They are based out of Portland, OR so that is why I got it so quickly, but it was wonderful none the less!
Our only small complaint is that the tray is a bit far for our DD to reach and she is 6 1/2 months. I am hoping this doesn't become a problem, but so far the chair is awesome.

Here is my lil pumpkin chomping on a biscuit:
http://www.mstinkerbell.com/evelyn4/P1010165.JPG

We think she looks like a race car driver! :)

cchavez
03-06-2003, 09:19 PM
After you use it for awhile, please post a thorough review. This has been our favorite high chair so far (over the Prima Pappa and Chicco Mamma)....although our baby isn't due until end of April. So we won't need it for awhile. Did you get to see the chair IRL before you purchased it. Fortunately there is store in our area that carries it. Thanks,

casey
03-06-2003, 09:41 PM
i just got this hc too.
my boy is 4 1/2 month.but,i don't have any problem with tray too far.
it's just so great,very plush.
i love it so far

casey from nyc
mom to alex 10/22/02

caroliner
03-07-2003, 02:58 PM
I have this chair too and LOVE it! DD is 8 1/2 months old and we've used it since about 6 months. I was able to get a floor model at the local USA Baby for $125. I have not had an issue with the tray being too far away. The things I love about this chair are how comfy she is in it, how easy it is to use, the fact that it folds and is on wheels for easy movement. It is not huge like some other chairs. It is very streamlined and nice looking. The seat is so easy to wipe down. The tray stores on the back of the chair which is great. The basket underneath is a nice feature to hold bibs, etc. I find the tray fairly easy to clean. We have a double sink and it rests easily on the sink. It would be nice if it had a second smaller tray like other chairs though that I could clean more like a plate. That would be the one addition that would make it the perfect chair. The cup holders are kind of ridiculous too as they are not large enough for a cup, only a bottle... but that is not really an issue. What baby uses a cup holder? The cup or bottle is usually just tossed on the floor.

ms tinkerbell
03-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Ok a better review of the chair. Well my DD doesn't like food so much (she likes the boob) but she likes the Peas & Carrots to watch me cook and such.
She reaches to the tray and gets whatever is there easily enough. Its very easy to clean. THe tray comes off very easily to clean up, and I love the basket underneath and the wheels. I can see why people who don't have those things don't miss it, but when I am cooking or unloading the dishwasher it really helps to be able to move the chair without taking our DD in and out of it. The basket is great for books and bibs.
As for the cup holder, we have used it for a cheerio holder. We don't use bottles or cups so its perfect for cheerios!

As for folding up, I haven't really needed to fold it up yet, but I do really like that the tray attaches to the back. It makes things much easier!!

I would HIGHLY recommend this chair to people.

caroliner
03-12-2003, 05:24 PM
I love your Cheerio idea!! Now I can use the silly cupholders too!

magda2B
03-17-2003, 10:33 AM
Another Peas & Carrots fan here--

Nothing much to add to the good posts prior except that it washes really well/easily. My ds is a messy eater (or are they all?) and the chair/straps clean up like a dream. Looks brand new.

bathbody
04-13-2003, 10:42 PM
We just purchased this high chair on a whim because it was clearanced at $100. The salesperson said that the Primo Pappa sales were exceeding that of the P&C, thus the clearance price. He also mentioned that Zooper was coming out with an UPDATED P&C.
Updated products are always good, but low prices are super too. We don't even NEED this highchair for another 10 months or so!!!!!

1stbabyontheway
04-14-2003, 08:56 AM
I have this chair too. My baby is only 2 weeks old, so we haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the review.

Tina

abc
04-14-2003, 12:52 PM
None of the stores around us stock this chair, but we're thinking about ordering it online. I'd like to know if the distance between the baby and the tray is adjustable. Also, is the tray release mechanism easy to use? BTW, did the salesperson mention when the updated version of the chair is coming out and what the changes are? Thank you in advance.

bathbody
04-14-2003, 04:27 PM
>None of the stores around us stock this chair, but we're
>thinking about ordering it online. I'd like to know if the
>distance between the baby and the tray is adjustable. Also,
>is the tray release mechanism easy to use? BTW, did the
>salesperson mention when the updated version of the chair is
>coming out and what the changes are? Thank you in advance.

No, he never told me! And I honestly never thought to ask.

August Mom
04-14-2003, 04:56 PM
The tray is adjustable, but at its closest position it was still quite far from my DS. I think that the space between baby and the tray is comparable to that on the Chicco Mamma. So, my advice is to put your baby in the Chicco Mamma and see how it fits. Also, the cup holders on the tray are really small if that's an issue.

abc
04-15-2003, 09:34 AM
Thank you for the info. We'll try DD in the Chicco Mama and see how she fits. Hopefully it will be a good fit. I have my heart set on getting the Zooper P&C ... it is the coolest looking highchair I've seen :) BTW, DD is born on the same date at your DS :) I can't believe that she is 8 months old already!

abc
04-15-2003, 09:51 AM
>No, he never told me! And I honestly never thought to ask.

No problem. You got a great deal on the chair :) The cheapest price we have been quoted is $159 :-(

August Mom
04-15-2003, 01:30 PM
That's so cool that your DD and my DS share a birthday! You don't live near Ohio do you? Maybe there should be some matchmaking going on. :) There's an Andrew whose mommy hangs out on this board with the same birthday as well.

I agree that the Zooper is very cool looking, especially in black. I didn't care for the navy too much. The other really nice looking chair IMO is the Prima Pappa in black sable. Very cool.

Good luck finding the perfect chair. :)

abc
04-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Yes, I've noticed several babies sharing the birthdate 8-14-02. :) We live in Michigan, about an hour from the Ohio border, so the matchmaking would be possible :)

I ended up ordering the Zooper yesterday. It's kind of risky ordering it online, but she fits well in the Chicco Mama, so hopefully the Zooper will work well for her. I like the black sable Prima Pappa as well. However, none of the stores near us carry that model either so we'd have to order it online just like the Zooper. I can't believe how tough is it to make these little decisions!!!

Vajrastorm
03-09-2004, 02:03 AM
Okay, I finally decided to do it and I ordered it also. :D I'll you you all know what I think.

Vajrastorm
03-28-2004, 01:06 AM
I ordered this on March 9th from Blissforthebaby and many weeks later, nothing. I am sending them an email asking what is going on.

westchicagomom
03-28-2004, 03:56 AM
That's weird! This is where I ordered mine from, but they are not even showing the old model. And the price is now $180! I just checked all my old bookmarks when I was researching and none of them except Bliss for Babies and Just Babies has them listed. Maybe they were out of stock and trying to hunt one down for you. Still they should have contacted you!

http://justbabies.com/Product.asp?ProductID=292&CategoryID=134