PDA

View Full Version : FP Healthy Care Deluxe - NOT free-standing when folded?!

Lisa_Seattle_2002
03-07-2003, 02:02 AM
Bought it at Target today and *think* I love it - has everything I decided I needed: wheels, more than one tray, vinyl pad. (BTW, we have been using a feeding seat for a couple months and here's why I decided we need a real highchair: want to more easily move the chair around, Zoe is a really messy eater and was destroying the dining room chair we have her seat attached to, want to be able to remove the grimy tray and leave her in the chair to play, bending over to spoon feed her was uncomfortable, we were short one chair when big people came over for dinner.)

Anyway, my question - is it true that this chair does not stand by itself when folded?! Did I do something wrong putting it together?

Thanks,
Lisa

heidi_timms
03-07-2003, 03:32 AM
Hi!

I am considering this chair, but my DD is not due for another eight weeks, so we won't need it right away. I was looking at the Chicco Mama or Prima Pappa, but I've heard that the babies are so far away from the tray that they ruin many outfits that way with food spilling, etc. I am intrigued with the deluxe Healthy Care. I would love to hear a review once you use it for a while!

Heidi

August Mom
03-07-2003, 06:40 AM
Lisa,

I am not a 100% on this, but I believe that you are correct. The folding design of the FP Deluxe Healthy Care is the same as the regular FP Healthy Care and that one is not free standing when folded. I think you're going to have to lean it against the wall.

atlbaby
03-07-2003, 10:44 AM
I have the FP HC regular model so I can't say for certain either, but mine is not freestanding when it is folded. But I just wanted to say I think you are going to LOVE it!! Having 2 trays is wonderful. In nearly a year my only complaint has been the cloth ruffle around the cover gets terribly dirty but I think the pad has been updated? Plus, the tray can come as close to DD as you like--my inlaws have a high chair for Arielle and at 16 months she still looks uncomfortable trying to lean forward to reach her food!

Hope you like it!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

jubilee
03-07-2003, 09:20 PM
I have it too, and mine is not free-standing either. For me it's not a problem, because once we start using it I don't intend to fold it up anyway.