PDA

View Full Version : new product? "infant" eurobath

jubilee
03-08-2003, 07:09 AM
Has anyone tried out or checked out this bath seat/cradle? My BRU has it for $8 and say it's a new item on the market. The regular Eurobath gets great reviews, so I was interested in that at first- but with this infant one out now, I wondered if I should try it instead. It's a lot smaller than the regular Eurobath! The info on it says it's for babies up to 18 pounds/6 months. It is a molded "cradle" with suction cups rather than a tub, so I would have to run a bath in the regular bathtub or kitchen sink. It has a thin "foam" lining where the baby's back would rest, so it's not the slippery plastic. I am concerned about the foam lining- that it might wear off, get moldy, or generally make it harder to scrub the seat clean. I saw other brands of tubs have this same foam and wondered if anyone could comment on the durability of the foam... or what everyone thought about this infant eurobath in general. http://www.primobaby.com/bathing_01.gif

Rachels
03-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Nice! The advantage of the regular Eerobath is that it keeps working through toddlerhood, which this wouldn't. But this is much smaller. It's contoured the way the infant part of the regular tub is, which is incredibly helpful. And 8 bucks? Looks like a winner to me.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

parkersmama
03-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Wow! That looks terrific!!! I'm definitely going to be seeking out one of those. We have used one of those horrible, fold-up tubs (can't remember the brand) with our first two and hated, hated, hated them but didn't know what else to go for. I love the look of the regular Eurobath but I prefer to bath a young baby in the kitchen sink (sooooo much easier on the back!). As a matter of fact, once my boys could sit on their own I just ditched the tub, put a sponge cushion in the sink and bathed them in the sink (we have a deep one) until they were about 1 year old. At that point we moved them to the regular tub. We tried the standard bath ring but found them to be more dangerous than just letting them loose in the tub since the suction cups didn't stick well and they'd tip over and couldn't escape from the ring! Yikes! The best solution for a toddler (for us) has been loose in the big tub but under extremely close adult supervision.

Anyway, I think this little tub looks like the perfect solution to my problem (hating the folding tub but not wanting to have to use the big tub to hold the Eurobath). Thanks!!

*Edited to add: Oops, I forgot...our tub had that thin foam and we never had a problem with it. I scrubbed like normal and it came clean without tearing. Also, a plus is that it's really not terribly interesting to the child because once they're a little older those that are more spongy can be interesting to the baby and they pick at them and end up pulling the spongy pieces off.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003