PDA

View Full Version : Karen Katz books

colleenfs
03-09-2003, 04:14 PM
Just wanted to point out some adorable books for babies and toddlers. Karen Katz draws engaging pictures that draw babies in and make them giggle. She seems to have a fascination with belly buttons (which really gets Julia), as they have come up now in several of her books. These are sturdy board books, and many of them have flaps baby can lift up. Our favorites are Where Is Baby's Mommy? ; Where is Baby's Belly Button? ; Counting Kisses ; Toes, Ears, & Nose ; and Grandma and Me. I am also a children's librarian, and these are among the sweetest books I have seen for this age.

Take a peek at her work here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-1761349-7760708

Edited to add that there seems to be a problem on Amazon's end with this link. To see a listing of her books, do an author search on "Karen Katz."

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

atlbaby
03-10-2003, 12:09 AM
I (and Arielle!) love Karen Katz's books! We have Where Is Baby's Mommy?, Where Is Baby's Bellybutton, and Counting Kisses. The others sound great too, I'll have to check them out! Arielle really loves Where is Baby's Mommy, and just until last week we couldn't get past the first page of Counting Kisses (nothing to "do" in the book I suppose), but now she is into it too! The illustrations are beautiful as well.

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

egoldber
03-10-2003, 12:13 AM
We have "Where is Baby's Belly Button" and Sarah loves it...too much! She ripped off half the flaps one day. :( I hope she grows out of this ripping book pages soon. Sometimes I feel like we'll be reading board books until she goes to college!