PDA

View Full Version : Snug Tub users?

akc
03-14-2003, 06:25 AM
Hi there -

We use the snug tub for my 8-month old daughter's baths which we love (especially b/c we don't have to fill the whole tub AND her toys are close by which she LOVES!) While my daughter can sit by herself, she wiggles and reaches for toys and her little bum slides on the smooth bottom of the tub. She's tall but it's long enough that if she slipped on her back, she goes flat along the bottom and the water is up to her chin. I'm always there, of course, but I'd still like a way for it to be a little more secure for her.

Has anyone figured out a solution for this? I was thinking that maybe I could get a really thin layer of foam (like a sponge) and cut it to the shape of the bottom, just so there was texture down there that kept her from slipping? A towel won't work b/c it just slides too.

Thoughts? Thanks for the help!

Alexa

AngelaS
03-14-2003, 08:27 AM
I LOVED my snug tub! In fact, when the first one popped, I went and replaced it---dd used it until she was 2. :D

Anyway, the slippery bottom was my number one gripe too! I bought those tacky stick on things that you can put in your real bathtub and stuck them on the floor of my snug tub. Dd loved her new butterflies to sit on and I put a LOT on the floor of her Snug Tub and they REALLY helped w/the sliding problem! :D

egoldber
03-14-2003, 10:48 AM
Hmm. I have an inflatable tub from Munchkin and I have never had this problem. A foam insert would probably work well.

HTH,

cara1
03-14-2003, 07:04 PM
we haven't had this problem, and love ours. DS likes to scoot around in his tub, actually. Before when we were using the infant tub, we had a dishtowel underneath him. Good luck.

rachels_mommy
03-14-2003, 07:10 PM
We have one from Babies R Us - I think it is their Especially for Babies brand. We started using it when Rachel outgrew her baby tub at around six months and have not had any problem with her slipping in it. I know that we have used a towel or washcloth when bathing her in the sink when visiting my MIL, which has kept her from sliding around.

Wendy
Mommy to Rachel Abigail 1/31/02

akc
03-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Ooh - this is a good idea. It should do the job. It's a minor complaint, really. It's not that it is so slippery that she can't sit; it's really that my daughter likes to stand more than sit (though she can't on her own), so she'll straighten herself out like a tree trunk if there is a slick surface to slide on!!! That idea is so much better two because I didn't want another thing that had to dry. In the beginning, we put the "safer bather" pillow we had behind her back because the tub was big for her.

Now I'll have to find some butterflies! Of COURSE, it has to be something cute, doesn't it!?!

Thanks -
AKC