PDA

View Full Version : Graco Clarion Sweet Dreams Deluxe Pack 'n' Play - Best Price Online?

bunnisa
03-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Hello everyone! My MIL has kindly offered to purchase this for me, and while the price appears to be fixed at $129, I am trying to find it for her online with free shipping and no sales tax (she lives in TX). I think shipping thru BRU would be high.

Does anyone know the best place to buy this? I am not flexible about the pattern/model - the Clarion will match our house and it has all the features I'm looking for.

Here's a photo of it off of the BRU website:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000069BAQ/002-7880828-9394414?v=glance&s=baby&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

Thank you for any help you can offer!

:)

Bethany
edd 6/15/03

egoldber
03-21-2003, 11:49 AM
I know you say you aren't flexible on the pattern or style, but I just thought I'd point something out. The changing table style on the newer PNPs is really terrible. It really limits the length of use of the changing table. This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000056119/103-2872717-1003815?v=glance&s=baby&n=542468&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&vi=pictures&img=3#more-pictures

I HATE the pattern, but I love the table. Due to the style of the table (the ends of the changing table are flush with the sides of the PNP rather than raised above it) I STILL use the changing table every day to change my 19 month old. But her legs hang totally off the side. If I had a different style, I would have had to retire the changing table months and months ago. And to be honest, it KILLED me to buy this pattern, but I really couldn't care less anymore. Your house will soon be filled with baby gear and toys of all shapes, colors and sizes. The PNP will just be part of the blur of babiness. :)

If you don't mind not being able to use the changing table for an extended period of time, then this is not a concern for you. But if it is, then I thought I would point this out.

Happy searching! :)

stillplayswithbarbies
03-21-2003, 04:55 PM
We chose the new style of changing table because we are tall and it gives a few more inches of height. I knew I wanted the 5 way Pack N Play, but waited until I found the newer version. I figured by the time baby is too long to be changed on it, baby will also be over the weight limit for the changing table part of the PnP.

Here is the one I got:
http://www.babyage.com/product_details.asp?productid=14738

Couldn't beat that price. $99 plus $3.95 shipping.

By the way, I too hate the color and pattern of mine, but I wanted the functionality moreso than the fashion. :)

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Garrett Logan, EDD March 21

bunnisa
03-21-2003, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the responses! I hadn't even considered an issue with the changing table. However, I think I want to stick with the Clarion -- I've made enough sacrifices decor-wise already (FP Aquarium Bouncer and Cradle Swing - talk about LOUD patterns! but I've heard great things about them) that I really want my pack n play to be non-irritating.

Why oh why does baby stuff have to be either:
a)garish! or
b)navy blue?

sigh.

Well, if anyone has a reputable site I can have my MIL order the Clarion off of, please send it my way.

Thanks so much for the feedback, Beth & Karen!

Bethany

egoldber
03-21-2003, 09:00 PM
The weight limit for the changing table is 25 pounds. At her 18 month appoinment, Sarah was 24 lbs 10 oz (around 50th percentile weight), so we still have a few ounces left in the old changing table! :) But to be honest, I think that weight limit is really arbitrary. The changing table is very sturdy.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-21-2003, 10:52 PM
You could have her get you a gift card to TRU/BRU and mail you the card and then you could go to the store and get it yourself. That would save the shipping cost, but then you would have to pay sales tax. If she gets the giftcard online they may even mail it directly to you.

I think the Clarion pattern may be exclusive to BabiesRUS/ToysRUs.

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Garrett Logan, EDD March 21

vpalmer
03-27-2003, 12:51 PM
Hi Bethany,

I just purchased this exact Pack and Play from Toys R Us last weekend. They have a Baby Fair event going on and we received an extra $12 off the price, bringing the price down to about $118.

I TOTALLY agree with you regarding decor for baby. I am so sick of everything being navy or so loud. The Clarion PNP was the first I have found to incorporate a nice pattern and all the features I am looking for. Since we have a two story house and it will be set in in the living room, I am not willing to budge on the pattern either. :-)

Hope this helps,

Veronica
Due with baby #1 6-16-03

PS - I just noticed our due dates are one day apart. :-)

nitaghei
03-27-2003, 02:03 PM
I would second the idea of a gift card. We have the exact same PNP - my inlaws (in Minnesota; we're in the DC area) wanted to get us this. We bought it at the local BRU (not available anywhere else for less), and they just sent us a check.

FWIW - our experience with this:
We've never used the changing table that came with the PNP. But then, we have a changing station set up on the combo, and it's much easier to just use that.

The mobile (not really a mobile, just some toys dangling) that comes with this is pretty worthless - flat, pastel colors, and can be attached only with the canopy. I haven't been able to figure out a way to attach a mobile. Possibly a small light one may work.

When DS is awake, I have used Lively links to hook up toys on the corner (probably not recommended)- but he seems to enjoy it, and they're easy to remove when he falls asleep. He is ALWAYS supervised when toys are attached in this way.

I think the mattress is fine - NOT noisy, and is quite firm. DS does like to nap in it.

DS also seems to like the music / vibrate features.

I'm with the others about the garish colors for baby stuff!! And I hate navy (though DH insisted on getting the Cheaspeake pattern for our Pliko - a navy plaid :'(). The color was and is one of things I love about this PNP.

HTH

Nita

heidi_timms
03-27-2003, 05:03 PM
I would check ebay. There are lots of new pack-n-plays for $99. I'm not sure if they have your pattern or not. You would have to pay some shipping, but at least you would pay a cheaper price.

I know that babycenter.com has free shipping for orders over $79 and no tax for Texas, but I couldn't find your pattern there.

Good Luck!

Tiare
03-28-2003, 04:50 PM
I too liked the Clarion pattern and just received the PNP for my shower. Did I just read that I need to buy sheets for this? If so, does anyone know which will match the Clarion and that are soft and safe? Also, fyi, we just put together our Graco Clarion Swing - which actually looks great in our family room (unlike the other crazy ones...)and I am thrilled with it. However, I just noticed that the swing does not have an infant head insert in the seat - does this mean I cannot use it right away? Thanks for any feedback!

Kelly Mom-to-be in 2 weeks and counting!

mharling
03-28-2003, 07:12 PM
I also have the Clarion and have been looking for sheets. A lot of people like NoJo terry sheets, but my BRU only had them in navy.

Another poster found these:
http://store.yahoo.com/kidsurplus/kus345prt-b.html

I haven't seen them IRL, but the colors look like they would coordinate well with the Clarion.

Karen - If you're reading this, what do you think of these of these sheets? I haven't ordered any yet, but probably will soon.

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

August Mom
03-28-2003, 07:31 PM
I respectfully disagree about the newer style of changing table. We have the Cubby Parade style with the "new" changing table and I love it. The height is perfect and I really don't see why there would be an issue with length. At most, you lose half an inch because of the plastic attachments on the ends. I've used the old style changing table at friends' houses and really don't like it nearly as well, mainly due to the height. The only con that I see with the new style table is that the edges are very tempting for DS to grab and chew. Sigh.

August Mom
03-28-2003, 07:53 PM
This is not the Clarion, but for those who hate navy and are looking for brown, Sears has the Arden pattern for $94.88. It has a 3/4 bassinet and "new" style changing table.

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summary/productsummary.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0241276189.104 8893590@@@@&BV_EngineID=cciiadchlleehggcehgcemgdffmdflh.0&vertical=BABY&fromAuto=YES&bidsite=null&pid=04935235000

Also, I believe that this one-time use coupon code still works: REGSTERASAVE. That would save $15 and essentially pay for shipping.

Tiare
03-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Mary - just got back from my local Baby Store and bought sheets that fit the PNP. I bought them in Off-White/Cream and they seam to match the Clarion pattern. They seem soft, are made of knit and are made by Crib Critters. If you want more info - let me know. Otherwise, the link you posted above looks really cute and appear to match as well. I just wanted to get it done as I am expecting this little one to pop out any minute.

egoldber
03-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Maybe the pictures are misleading, but it looks to me like the edges at the "top" and "bottom" of the table are raised on the new style table. With mine, even though Sarah is much longer than the table, I can still use it, because her legs just hang off the end. It seems like if the edges were raised, that would be too uncomfortable for your baby, so as soon as your baby outgrows the length of the table, it would be unusable. Which means I would have had to stop using it when she was pretty young, maybe less than a year? (Gosh, it's hard for me to even remember how long she was at 12 months!)

But as I said, if you don't plan on using the changing table part for very long, it's not a big deal. But I have a multi-level house and I find it very useful to have a changing table on each level. But I'm pretty lazy that way. :)

stillplayswithbarbies
03-28-2003, 11:49 PM
The sheets are awesome! THey are flannel and very very soft. The bad thing is that you don't get to choose the pattern when you order from that site. I don't know who else carries them, they are Kushies brand.

The Graco ones are scratchy. The Nojo ones are terry, but they didn't seem soft either. Kushies are soft flannel.

I had a hard time finding the Nojo ones, they are not even mentioned on their website. I wonder if they still make them?

I heartily recommend the Kushies Pack N Play sheets. Elastic all the way around the edge.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

mharling
03-29-2003, 01:04 AM
I'm glad you're happy with them Karen; they look great!!

I waited too long to order; they're temporarily sold out!!! After much searching, I did find this source online:

http://www.kellyscloset.com/store.htm Scroll down to the Bed & Bath section.

The bad news for me is they only have solid colors and they're more expensive than the ones you found. I thought I'd post this anyway in case anyone else is interested. I'm going to see when the print ones will be available again.

Mary
EDD 4/5/03

bunnisa
03-31-2003, 03:59 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I don't know why I didn't think of just having her get a gift certificate. Maybe it's because a woman's brain shrinks 5% during pregnancy? Thanks for the idea!

Veronica, thank you for the tip about the Baby Fair. I just received these coupons in the mail. Hope I can get my MIL to send a gift card before the sale ends. How exciting that your due date is the 16th! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. Do you know what you're having? We're going to wait and be surprised -- but the anticipation is growing by leaps and bounds!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Bethany
edd 6/15/03

vpalmer
04-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Bethany,

I hope the gift card gets to you in time. I have no idea how long the baby fair is lasting, but they usually drag those things out for a while.

We are having a girl. We found out in January and I am still getting over the shock. I was convinced we would have a boy since my DH's side of the family is totally dominated by males and they determine the sex of the baby. I felt sorry for the poor sonographer performing our Ultrasound. I kept asking if she was SURE it was a girl and she had to show me several times before I was semi-convinced. Anyway, we decorated our nursery with ladybugs so I hope she is right!

I totally admire that you guys are going to be surprised. If I only had that much self control...

How are you feeling?

Veronica
Due with baby #1 on 6-16-03