PDA

View Full Version : bouncer seats

Cindder
03-21-2003, 05:41 PM
Hi, I am expecting twins end of May, and I was wondering which bouncer seat would be best? I am told they are a must, especially if you have twins. Thanks for your help!

COElizabeth
03-21-2003, 07:42 PM
We have the Fisher Price Kick N Play bouncer and like it a lot. Some people have said it has a better angle than some other seats which keep the baby too upright. I think the new aquarium one has a similar design so that would probably be good, too, but I haven't seen it myself. Congratulations on expecting twins!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Cindder
03-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Thank you for your help! I will look into that one!

-Deanne

candybomiller
03-21-2003, 10:13 PM
I second the FP Kick And Play. My son practically lived in his for the first few months of his life. Whenever he had a cold and had to sleep more upright, he slept in his bouncy chair. It was a very sad day indeed when he outgrew it.

Candy
Mom to Matthew
5/22/02

nathansmom
03-21-2003, 10:27 PM
My mother bought me the aquarium bouncer and Nathan loves it. I don't know how I'd get 30 minutes of peace without it. This was an item I thought I could do without, I was wrong.

Cindder
03-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Thanks for your help. Where is the best place to buy this item (for greater savings)?

Thanks!

Deanne

twins r fun
03-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Congrats on your twins! Just to add a different idea, here's what we did. We got rockers as opposed to bouncers for our twins. Ours are made by Kolcraft (I think)with the "Jeep" labeling. They recline to the same angle as a bouncer, but can also have 2 other positions. The don't bounce but do rock and vibrate. The reason I suggest them is that they last much longer than a bouncer. My twins are almost 17 months and we still use them! Of course now it is only while the watch a video, but it is nice to have a seat I can still strap them in so I can get some things done around the house while they are entertained. The rockers also worked out well once they started wanting ot sit up more (around 5-6 months) because I could make them less reclined, which you can't do in most bouncers. And I agree bouncers or rockers are a necessity with twins!

Nicole

egoldber
03-22-2003, 04:08 PM
I agree. I got the Fisher Price rocker, but it is a similar concept. After she outgrew the bouncer part, we didn't use it until pretty recently. But now that Sarah can climb in and out of it by herself, she loves it! She climbs in her seat to watch The Wiggles and has a great time!

atlbaby
03-23-2003, 01:58 AM
Beth,
Could you tell me the name of your FP rocker? I have a FP bouncer (can't remember the name, it has lights and vibrates) that I used with Arielle, but a rocker sounds intriguing if it will last longer!

And Nicole, I'll also look into the Kolcraft one too!

Thanks!

edited to add: What's the weight limit on these rockers? Is there an age recommendation too?

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

ctsiouts
03-23-2003, 08:57 AM
Wal Mart has pretty good prices on the Kick and Play and the Aquarium bouncer, but if you can get a coupon booklet for Babies R Us or Toys R Us you can usually get a $5 discount. All in all I think Wal Mart is your best bet for lowest price though!

Christy
DD - Anya Christina 08-09-02

egoldber
03-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Rachel, this is a newer version of the one I have: http://www.fisher-price.com/us/babygear/product.asp?id=17606&c=bgb

It says for toddlers up to 40 pounds. It is pretty sturdy.

HTH,

atlbaby
03-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Thanks Beth, I bookmarked it for in a few months.:) I found it on Amazon for $29 which is great if it lasts up to 40#!

BTW, I know you travel a lot, so if you have a chance I would really love your experience/suggestions on a post I put up last night (same forum). We are hoping to take a 2 day vacation next week with a long-ish car trip and hotel-suite stay.

Thanks!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

twinsmommy627
03-25-2003, 01:31 PM
I also love the FP Kick and Play. While the aquarium one is nice, I think the Kick and Play has a little more stimulation. I also have twins and they LOVE their bouncy seats. I could not have lived without these!