PDA

View Full Version : High Chair bar for in between the legs...

suzette
03-24-2003, 04:22 PM
What's better, on the seat or on the tray? I'm thinking that it would be better on the chair for safety (when the tray isn't attached) and to make the tray easier to clean. I'm going to get to see the Zooper in person tomorrow. I was excited about this chair for $109, but I may rule it out because of the leg thing.

Thoughts?

COElizabeth
03-24-2003, 06:27 PM
We just started solids this weekend, but so far I have been giving James his cereal without the tray on the chair, so I like having the bar on the seat.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Thatchermom
03-24-2003, 06:42 PM
With a super-squirmy 18 month old, if I couldn't have the post on the chair, I'd want a third arm to hold him in while I strap and buckle. Wait, maybe I'd take that third arm anyway...:)

brubeck
03-24-2003, 06:51 PM
We have the bar on the tray which I love love love! It's cumbersome to lift the child into the chair when the bar is on the seat (espe. if you are pregnant!) and the child has a much harder time learning how to climb in by themselves when they are older. I have had no problems restraining a wiggly toddler long enough to do up the buckles.

I also often like having no bar at all if I am using the high chair for other reasons, and not putting on the tray gives me this option. If the bar is on the seat you ALWAYS have it there.

MinnieMouse
03-25-2003, 11:46 AM
I fully agree, dd LOVES to climb up into her "eatin' chair" all by herself and I think the bar would be an impediment. With the 5pt harness on the chair I don't think safety is an issue at all with the bar not being there.

HTH

Christine

August Mom
03-25-2003, 01:39 PM
I agonized over this decision as well. I finally decided that I just needed to choose the best chair for DS and us overall and that I shouldn't make the position of the post a deciding factor. I was more concerned with the way that DS fit in the chair and the space between DS and the tray. We ultimately wound up with a chair with the post attached to the chair. I like it there. I have also read other posts that say that the post on the chair can be helpful to a child trying to climb into the chair because the child grabs the post and pulls him/herself up on it. I think either way is fine.

caroliner
03-25-2003, 02:43 PM
I have the Zooper and it is a GREAT chair. If you can get it for $109, snap it up. The bar on the tray is not an issue for us at all. I don't find cleaning it to be difficult, and I like that I can use the chair as a chair without the tray sometimes.