PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hugger vs Walking Rock Farm hip carrier

Andrea S
03-27-2003, 04:28 PM
edited to say: sorry wrong forum

I got a Maya sling and do not like it so I was looking for a hip carrier. I saw the hip hugger in Parent's mag. Is one beter than the other? Does the belt that goes around your waist matter I noticed the hugger does not have one. I need something for errands when the stroller is not convenient and airport travel or whenever Andrew is tired of the stroller. He is 7 mos and 21 lbs. I need something that is easy to use I think that is why I do not use the Maya b/c I have never figured it out so it does not hurt my neck and make my arm numb.

TIA

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

megcarlin
03-27-2003, 11:01 PM
I have just about every carry there is since, unfortunately, my ds HATES the stroller. I have the Bjorn, maya wrap, baby trekker, Vaude backpack, and the hip hammock. The hip hammock is by far my favorite. I live in NYC and walk everywhere and find the HH to be very comfortable. The only problem is that sometimes the cushion on my shoulder shifts so the strap starts to dig into me. I'm not familiar with the Walking Rock Farm hip carrier, by my ds is a 23 pounder and I love the Hip Hammock.

Momof3Labs
03-27-2003, 11:30 PM
The Hip Hammock is nice, but IMO the Walking Rock Farm carrier is even nicer! It doesn't have the digging strap problem that the Hip Hammock can have. But fundamentally, these are the same type of carriers.

The belt that goes around the waist is very important - it shifts the weight off of your back and shoulders and makes the carrier more comfortable.

anna lisa
03-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Plus, someone mentioned that the WRF Hip Carrier is lighter and can be stored in a diaper bag. I believe the Hip Hammock might be larger/bulkier.

Momof3Labs
03-28-2003, 12:58 AM
I have them side by side right now and I'd say that they are pretty comparable in weight and size (folded up). The WRF carrier has a huge padded shoulder strap that takes up a fair amount of space.

abigailsmom
03-28-2003, 01:55 AM
If you are looking to recoop $ on the HH I'm looking for one! :P

Momof3Labs
03-28-2003, 09:16 AM
Robyn,

Yes, I just listed the Hip Hammock on the Parents Place flea market board - I was asking $42 shipped, or make me an offer (they are $55 shipped brand new)! It's denim with a dark green fleece interior, in very good shape, though it is gently used (the way that I received it). E-mail me and we can discuss! [email protected]

sivancat
03-31-2003, 11:08 AM
I have the WRF hip carrier. I decided to get it because it seemed more appropriate for a warm climate (I live in the southeast US) and the baby bjorn was getting too hot and uncomfortable. I got the Slate color with the coolmax lining. I love having it in the car so I can put my daughter (22 lbs) in it for quick runs into a store or post office. More convenient than lugging the stroller out of the trunk, plus she stays cheerful longer when being worn. It is pretty comfortable for me, although I wouldn't want to go hiking with it or anything like that.

Sivan
mom to Zea, 6/3/02