PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bubble Bath...

Mom2Katie
03-28-2003, 05:37 AM
Well, my DD got at least one trait from me... we both LOVE a good bubble bath! We've tried a few different brands, but since she does EAT the bubbles, I wanted to find something really natural and non-toxic. Also, I am sensitive to strong scents, so a mild fragrance is always a good thing. Finally, DD has mild ezcema, so we can't use anything harsh at all on her skin. I've looked around a bit, and I can't stand the scent on the California Kids bubbles. WAY too strong!! We used the Aveeno stuff once and it was fine, but the suds didn't last very long. Right now, we have *Clean Kids Naturally* Bubble bath, and it seems great, but I am wondering if anyone else has a good recommendation?

AngelaS
03-28-2003, 08:08 AM
I have no suggestions, since bubbles in my dds' bath water irriates their sensitive little bottoms. Something about girls having short urethras makes them sensitive to sitting in soapy water. My ped said to let them play in plain water, then wash, rinse and get them out right away. No bubbles for us.... :(

August Mom
03-28-2003, 10:47 AM
You might want to ask your ped about this. When I was a little girl I had numerous bladder infections and, after various tests, the doctors finally attributed it to sitting in tubs filled with water and Baby Magic. Perhaps your DD isn't sensitive to this if you've been taking bubble baths for awhile, but you may want to check about any potential problems anyway.

riostoker
03-28-2003, 04:08 PM
I have to agree with the other posters. Bubble baths are really not a good idea for a child with eczema. The soap may be contributing to her eczema - both by drying her skin, and by irritants in the fragrance. For a child with eczema, it is really best to bathe with plain water or a non-soap cleanser like Cetaphil.

rwd72
03-28-2003, 07:19 PM
I don't know too much about bubbles, but I did want to comment about the eczema. My son suffers from a mild case as well. After trying everything short of a prescription, I found that Eucerin Dry Skin Therepy lotion did the trick. Now my son has soft skin that is not itchy. Good luck!
Renee Mom to Sean &
expecting again May 23rd.