PDA

View Full Version : graco swing or fisher price?

Xariklia
03-29-2003, 10:05 PM
i can't decide between the graco swing and the fisher price ( it has a sensor that automatically starts when baby cries) but baby bargains liked the graco. what do you guys think? also, do any of these swings fold up to be put away?

August Mom
03-30-2003, 01:26 AM
I think if you're going with an FP swing, the Cradle Swing would be a better choice than the Smart Response swing. I have read a lot of bad reviews of the Smart Response swing.

We had an FP Cradle Swing originally but DS didn't like it and IMO it went too fast for a newborn, even on low. I have since learned from posts on this board that you can slow the swing by letting a blanket drag on the floor. We now have a Graco 6-speed swing. It's nice. DS falls asleep in it. :) He also likes the lion rattle toy on the tray. He used to really like looking at the mobile too. Although it has 6 speeds, I have only used 2 -- the lowest and next to lowest. I have never used the timer. We do usually put the music on and have used all 3 volume levels. I think that the 2-speed Graco swing would probably be fine.

Some people on this board have mentioned that you can use the FP Cradle Swing longer than the Graco Open Top because the child can't grab the support bars in the Cradle Swing due to its design.

bnme
03-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Love my FP cradle. There have been several posts on this swing.

If you feel it is too fast you can throw a blanket over baby which helps to weigh it down. I have already moved up to the 3rd speed as my son has gained weight...doesn't even budge on the firt setting anymore!
:)