PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need a high chair for a chubby baby

MyChubbyBaby
04-01-2003, 06:33 AM
Hi all, I am new - my name is Deana and I am the mother of 3 children - My youngest is almost 9 month old and is about 25 to 26 pounds. She is a completly Breastfed baby and we wanted to get her a high chair. I need help. Please give me guidence. I have a chubby - tall baby so I need a high chair that will be comfortable for her and easy for me. I have heard so much about Baby Trend, Chicco Mamma, Fisher Price Health Choice, Zooper Peas and Carrotts and Combi - which one should I get and since she is older - which do you allrecommend. Thank you so much!

Rachels
04-01-2003, 09:08 AM
Welcome! I would skip the FP chair and maybe look at the Chicco instead. It's a great chair and a good choice for a bigger baby.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

MyChubbyBaby
04-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Thank you - It is so hard to find a baby gear for a chubby baby. Is Chicco easy to clean and use? - why do you think I should skip FP - too tight?

Deana
Mother to
Marina (9)
Nickolas (6)
and our little gift from God - Marisa Nickole 8 months 7/3/02

Rachels
04-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Yep, too tight. The Chicco is great. I have a little peanut, and we wound up returning the Chicco because it just swallowed her up. The FP fits her much better-- it's a smaller seat with a closer tray. But I think the Chicco is a nicer seat.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

lukkykatt
04-01-2003, 11:33 AM
I would definately look at the Chicco. One of the main reasons I got it was due to its nice roomy seat, which we needed too! DS used it until he was two -after awhile I lowered the seat a bit, took off the tray and just pushed it right up to the table. He could have kept using it like that for some time, but I needed to move him out of it so his little brother could start using it.

I have had no problems with this seat, and I imagine that it is as easy to clean as any other high chair.

Good luck!

candybomiller
04-01-2003, 11:40 AM
Definitely skip the FP Healthy Care chair. We have it and it definitely would NOT work for a chubby child. I have tosay that it works well for taller, skinnier babies though. I love it for DS.

HTH,
Candy
Mommy to Matt, 5/22/02

mary b
04-01-2003, 02:57 PM
I have the Chicco and love it! My DD has been using it since 4 months and it is very roomy.. She is large (20 lbs at 4 months, 30 lbs at 18 months) and she isn't getting too big for it yet (she will probably just be in a booster w/in the next couple months since she wants to be a big girl, but that's another story!)

Good luck!!!
Mary

MyChubbyBaby
04-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Thank you - I am going to look at the chicco - here comes the next section - which type of Chicco and I was going to look for some deals online - any links you all like to use?

Deana