PDA

View Full Version : PAPPA HIGHCHAIR

mama2
04-01-2003, 06:28 PM
AS I CANNOT FIND A ZOOPER I HAVE DECIDED TO GO WITH THE PEG PEREGO DOUBLE FABRIC IN BLACK SABLE. THE BEST PRICE I CAN FIND ON IT IS 169.99. ANYBODY KNOW OF A BETTER SOURCE? ALSO I AM WONDERING WHETHER THE SEAT AREA IS BIG ENOUGH TO ACCOMMODATE MY GROWING 8 MONTH OLD. WILL THE SEATPOST BE UNCOMFORTABLE FOR A TODDLER BOY? WHO WOULD FAVOR THE CHICCO MAMA OVER THIS SEAT? THANKS!

August Mom
04-01-2003, 09:20 PM
The black sable Prima Pappa looks very chic and cool! I've seen it IRL twice and have loved the look both times. I have not seen it for less than $169.99, though. I do know of a store in Ohio that carries the Zooper Peas & Carrots. If you would like contact information for the store, please let me know.

mama2
04-03-2003, 03:45 PM
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I ORDERED THE PRIMA PAPPA DOUBLE FABRIC BLACK SABLE FOR MY 8 MONTH OLD (WHO FELL OUT OF HIS HAND-ME-DOWN HIGHCHAIR, BUMPED HIS FOREHEAD AND NOW DESERVES HIS OWN SEAT WITH ALL THE SAFETY FEATURES) IT WAS 159.99, NO TAXES OR SHIPPING EITHER. I DO HOPE I WILL LIKE IT!! THE REMOVABLE DINNER TRAY AND THE AVAILABILITY ELIMINATED THE ZOOPER IN THE END. BUT IF I HAD TO DO IT OVER I WOULD GET THE COMBI HIGHCHAIR, USE THAT FOR MY INFANT TO ROCK IN AND SKIP THE BOUNCER AND ANY SWINGS AND IT EVEN IS A GREAT HIGHCHAIR.

JenM
04-04-2003, 01:57 AM
Where did you buy the perego online?

mama2
04-04-2003, 10:41 AM
AT BABIESFIRSTCHOICE.COM. I ACTUALLY ORDERED IT YESTERDAY ON THE PHONE AFTER CHECKING IT OUT ON THEIR WEBPAGE. 866-814-2229.I ALWAYS HAVE SOME QUESTIONS AND LIKE TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON. ALSO I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THE ITEM WAS IN STOCK. I TALKED TO DARREN WHO WAS VERY HELPFUL AND ASSURED ME THAT IT WAS A 2003 MODEL AND WOULD SHIP RIGHT AWAY.

JenM
04-06-2003, 01:19 AM
Thanks! Unfortunately I live in CA, so there would be tax for me. 159.00 is a great price.

mama2
04-06-2003, 10:40 AM
I GUESS YOU COULD TRY TO GET ANOTHER ONLINE STORE OUTSIDE OF CA TO PRICE MATCH ?! I BELIEVE THAT BABYCATALOG.COM ADVERTISES A 110% PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE ?

heidi_timms
04-07-2003, 09:13 AM
Just to let you know, babycatalog.com price matches, but they ask you what state you live in and price match with tax from a website that charges sales tax in your state. I tried this with a Britax carseat!

JenM
04-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the info.
I saw the Zooper peas and carrots today at Talbots in San Mateo, CA, they now carry both the black one and the navy one. I took that thing apart from start to finish. It was very easy to figure out how to use. It looks a little star wars-like with the plastic silver and black leatherette, but as far as functionality it is very simple, seems like it would be easy to clean because it doesn't have a lot of nooks and crannies, and very easy to use. I like the basket in the back, too, very cool.
Now I have to find the Perego and check it out.
Let me know how you like the perego!

heidi_timms
04-09-2003, 12:25 AM
I bet lullaby lane in San Bruno has this one too. I also live in the bay area. Lullaby lane also price matches and they sometimes give out coupons.

JenM
04-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Just got back from Lullaby Lane. They have the perego black sable for 189.00. I liked it, but the fabric is very light gray and seems like it would get dirty easily, also there were more nooks and crannies that could get dirty, esp with the double fabric. I like the double tray on the perego, but I also really like the basket on the zooper.
I'm going with the zooper because it seems easier to clean at www.blissforthebaby.com, 159.00 and no tax or shipping. That is a really good deal. Both chairs seem nice, so it's a matter of personal preference.

mama2
04-11-2003, 09:00 AM
I just received my black sable prima pappa. it had shipped from CA to NY in 5 days and I was very happy with the service from babiesfirstchoice.com. it was 159.99. It was easy to set up, just take it out of the box, looks nice, but the grey is lighter than it appears on the photos. So far I cannot comment on the cleaning ( cover and chair itself) yet, but from the way the frame/chair is designed there are many areas where plastic moldings, often in contrasting colors, meet and these areas could prove difficult to clean. My son (8 m) is so much more comfortable in it compared with the old seat we had, he even almost fell asleep in it. I personally like the harness, opens and closes easily, if wished the shoulder portion can be removed. In the most upright position, which still is very comfortable for him, the tray is quite close although right now it is still a little high for him. I had already ordered when the word came out that this chair is no longer recommended by the Baby Bargains book, this fact could have influenced my choice. I had seen the FP chair, but only the basic model at babies rus and hadn't given it much thought because it didn't have wheels and I disliked the cover, also I was under the impression the deluxe model would retail between $80 and 90 , I just looked it up on the target website, it is 69.99, comes in a neutral cover without the fringe and the close-up pictures there really show off the deatails. I hope this helps others to make the right choice for them.