PDA

View Full Version : ** Question **

August Mom
04-04-2003, 01:24 PM
You might try your DS in the crib and see how it goes. It was around this time that my DS stopped being comfortable in his bassinet. We weren't planning to move him to his crib, but we tried it and he slept longer in one stretch than he ever had before. So, he stayed in the crib ever since. Sometimes when babies have digestion problems, peds recommend having the babies sleep with their heads elevated or in a car seat. I would assume that the rocker is a similar concept. DS did sleep in his bouncer a few nights when nothing else would work, but I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use unless you ped recommends/okays it.

I can't help you on formula-related questions at all. Sorry.

Rachels
04-04-2003, 01:49 PM
You can also try elevating the head of his bassinet or crib to see if that helps.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nathansmom
04-04-2003, 02:03 PM
When we switched formula on Nathan his bowel movements did the same thing. It stayed that way for about 48 hours then went back to normal. Hope that helps.

mamahill
04-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Ainsleigh slept in this (we have it too!) or her infant car set for the first two months of her life because she had horrible gas/stomach/reflux issues if she was laying flat. She NEVER slept well in the bassinet, but I think it was because she just couldn't sleep flat. At two months we transitioned her to her crib and she didn't bat an eyelash. We just made sure the kickstand was out, and sometimes turned on the vibration to help her stay asleep. We also had her sleep in this while she was getting her first two teeth because she got really stuffy and the elevated head really helped. Good luck!

esca540
08-25-2003, 11:06 PM
We have a 5 wk old boy and has had restless sleeping in the bassinet. The last few days we had him in his "Fischer Price Infant to Toddler Rocker" (which reclines but not completely) and he has slept quite well. Is it ok that he sleep in this and not his crib or bassinet (at least until he gets a bit older??? attached pic of rocker.

Question 2 - he is bottle feeding Isomil Advance (Soy formula) and yesterday he did not have his normal cremey (mustard color) bowel movement. It was much darker and more firm. Is that ok???