PDA

View Full Version : 2-way monitors

jd11365
04-04-2003, 08:41 AM
Ok..think we have it figured out now...for the next 20 minutes at least. ;-)

We took back the 2 camera Summer video monitor and exchanged it for a 1 camera system and a sound monitor...came to the same price as the 2 camera system. This way at night, I can look for the lights to light up on the sound monitor and turn on the video when necessary in the middle of the night to view the baby..(this way the bright light of the video monitor isn't on at night.) Also, I wasn't crazy about the background noise of the video monitor for nighttime, but liked the video feature. I can use the sound monitor for sound and keep the volume on the video off.

Anyway, we love the 2-way idea of say the Evenflo 3000 or the Sound n Lights by fisher price. The Evenflo gets better reviews on Epinions...what do you think? Do you have a great 2-way monitor?

Thanks!
Jamie
EDD 5/9/03

Ti Lung
04-04-2003, 06:52 PM
I haven't used my 2-way monitor yet since I just set it up this morning! We have the Fisher Price, but it's called "Soothing Dreams." It has 2-way capability, plus music and ceiling light show. Anyway, make sure that your phone and monitor are on different frequencies. I tested out my Soothing Dreams and it seemed to work great in terms of: interference, volume, etc. Got it for $39.99 at Buy Buy Baby (usually retails for $50). HTH.