PDA

View Full Version : too short for ultrasaucer

teddy
04-04-2003, 02:58 PM
Based on everyone's suggestions here, I bought an ultrasaucer yesterday for my 4 1/2 month DD. At the lowest seat level she still doesn't touch the bottom. Also, she leans all the way forward in it. I've read where people put a pillow under the baby's feet if she's too short and a towel behind if she leans. Is that okay? Is my DD too small for this item still? Also, why shouldn't the baby's feet be flat on the bottom? The directions say not to position the seat this low. Other that that, she seems to like all the toys, especially the clear spinning drum full of beads!
FYI - I bougth the Evenflo Ultrasaucer (bug theme) at BRU for $60 clearance! Regular price was $80.

COElizabeth
04-04-2003, 07:35 PM
We used a blanket behind James, too, and it seemed to work fine. We didn't have the height problem, but I would think a pillow or blanket would be fine there, too.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Tondi G
04-05-2003, 01:18 PM
we used the blanket behind baby and foam under his feet... our DS loved it! It gave me a few minutes of hands free time to get some stuff done.. I even dragged it into the bathrrom a few times to catch a shower! I don't see anything wrong with using a pillow and a blanket rolled up... if your child is happy and enjoying the time in the saucer! We have the Ultrasaucer and LOVED it.... it has since been loaned to a friend who's son also got lots of good use out of it... they are returning it and we'll store it for future use with siblings!!!! It's a great buy!!!!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!