PDA

View Full Version : Toybox safety

cara1
04-05-2003, 08:01 PM
We were given a beautiful hand-painted wooden toybox for DS. The problem is it's rather old-fashioned. It just opens and slams shut. There is no safety mechanism. For now, I have the open side backed up against the wall because I'm afraid DS will slam his little fingers in it. I thought of putting on that foam thing that is used for doors, but I know he'll just pull it off and play with it/eat it. Any suggestions on how to make this toybox baby-friendly? TIA.

stillplayswithbarbies
04-05-2003, 08:35 PM
You can buy a safety latch for it. Look in the childproofing sections. I know I have seen them, but I can't remember where.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

parkersmama
04-07-2003, 12:44 PM
If you go to Lowe's or Home Depot, they will have hinges that are made to be safe for children. I believe they lock when they're up so that the lid can't just slam back down. Another alternative might be removing the lid until your child is a good bit older. Our toy containers (we have several types) don't have lids and it seems to be easier for children to find toys in them when they don't have to deal with the lid.