PDA

View Full Version : Infant Tubs

bathbody
04-06-2003, 07:12 PM
I'm new to all this, and am confused by all of the bathing tubs and devices and the like...so many different kinds of items to choose from. What do I purchase for my newborn? How long does baby use it?
I want great quality and the best safety.
HELP!

Rachels
04-06-2003, 08:28 PM
I love the Eurobath. It was GREAT with a newborn, because it's molded to hold a baby in place. It continues to work for older babies and toddlers, too.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

cniezer
04-06-2003, 09:19 PM
I got a 3-in-1 tub for a shower gift and although I really like the sling and the tub itself, I never have figured what the other "2" uses are :-). My dd is 6 months and we still use it.
My OB said when she had her kids all she had was a foam mat that she put in the tub or sink side and continued to use until her kids were older to prevent slips when in the tub. Looking back, I think this would have been a great alternative.

jd11365
04-07-2003, 05:58 AM
The Eurobath doesn't fit in the bathtub next to the nursery. I can use it in our garden tub, across the house, but I really want to keep her stuff near her stuff.

Jamie
EDD 5/9/03

bnme
04-07-2003, 06:42 AM
I use a tub with a hammock for baby to lay in (I think it is made by Graco) and I love it and feel very secure using it. DS is only 3 months old so I am not sure what I will do as he gets bigger. I think the idea is to them remove the hammock and place baby directly in tub. I think the hammock is good becuase you can bathe them w/o them being fully immersed in the water (by putting less water in the tub) and this is good for their first intro to water!