PDA

View Full Version : crib activity center

teddy
04-07-2003, 09:22 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations on a crib activity center? I think my DD would enjoy playing with something when she wakes up. Currently she cries so someone will come play with her!

COElizabeth
04-07-2003, 06:28 PM
How old is she?

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

teddy
04-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Oops! she's 4 1/2 months old. She has the Fisher Price Aquarium and she can turn it on and off. I saw that Tiny Love has something new that might be good, but it's $50!

caroliner
04-08-2003, 11:05 PM
The Tiny Love one is under $40 at Target and online. I saw it and thought about getting it because it really looks great, but DD has so many toys that I just could not justify it. I think it really looks like a nice toy though.

ecarley
04-11-2003, 08:35 AM
Our secret is just to put some toys in her crib when we go to bed. That way there's always something different in there, it's a little like Christmas morning every morning!

Ti Lung
04-11-2003, 03:16 PM
But isn't putting toys inside a crib a big no no? When a baby is young, it could cause SIDS. And then when she is more mobile and/or could sit up or pull herself up, she could use the toys as step stools to climb out of the crib? I think any toys in the crib should be left with the baby only under an adult's supervision; definitely not overnight with the baby alone!!! The same warning goes for pillows, quilts, or other unnecessary objects. The more sparse a crib the better (safer)!