PDA

View Full Version : crib cd player

jd11365
04-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Does anyone have/have had The First Years crib cd player? I got one as a gift, but it seems like the baby will eventually be able to push the buttons as it is right on the crib. Should I just keep a regular cd player in the nursery or is this a cool thing to have?

Thanks!
Jamie
EDD 5/9/03

1stbabyontheway
04-08-2003, 06:59 PM
We have this and we love it. Our baby is only a week old, but we play lullabyes at night when he goes to sleep. There is a cover that covers the buttons for when the baby gets older. It also will stand on a dresser if you don't want it on the crib.

Tina

jd11365
04-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Thanks...I didn't see the cover that slides up to cover the buttons, but mine is easily moved down to touch the buttons...just forward thinking for toddlerhood... I guess at that time it can go on the dresser, but then so could my regular cd player...

Too much thinking over such a silly thing...

Jamie :-)
EDD 5/9/03

MyFirstBaby
04-13-2003, 02:32 PM
I had heard bad things about this crib CD player, in that they fall apart (for the money). I spent some more money and invested in a CD/Radio/alarm clock by Sony. It's compact and has a lot of features and worth the money; plus it can eventually be used when my son gets older, or can be transferred to another room.

The LCD display has an auto brightness feature so it dims automatically when the lights go out so it's not so bright in the room. Like any alarm clock, it has the sleep function and features where you can set the CD to repeat a certain song, the whole cd, or shut off at a certain time.

I'm a believer in getting the most out of the "baby thing", so if it's something that can be used as he gets older, I'm all for it.

Good luck!

Rhonda

egoldber
04-13-2003, 02:40 PM
I just use a regular small boombox type CD player in Sarah's nursery. Ours is a Sony that we got at an outlet store and I have found that this has worked really well for us. I think that the "crib" CD player is around $40, and you can get a fairly nice CD player for that money these days. I like one with a radio (for when I am in there folding laundry and want to listen to NPR or something) and with a repeat play feature to use on those nights when she seems to need her lullaby CD all night.

HTH,

vpalmer
04-14-2003, 01:08 PM
After reading all the bad reviews about this product on Amazon, DH and I decided to purchase a Sony discman ($49) and speakers ($10). We can also use the discman in our Combi stroller. I have not used the First Years crib CD player, so I can not rate it first hand.

Veronica
EDD 6/16/03 with baby #1

egoldber
04-14-2003, 01:12 PM
This is a good idea. I have something similar (only I got a really super cheapo brand CD player) that I take with me when we travel. The only bad thing about having a lullaby CD as part of your routine is the need to be able to travel with it!!!