PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Baby Bjorn Scoop Bib - Will it Stain?

bunnisa
04-10-2003, 05:24 PM
I am going to order two of these, and I'm leaning towards white. Does anyone know if the white one will stain with pasta sauce, pureed carrots, etc?

Kind of a silly question but these bibs aren't cheap!

TIA!

Bethany

brubeck
04-11-2003, 10:02 AM
I usually rinse mine off right after the meal and they do not have any stains (been used for 2 years). Once I had tomato sauce on it and I left it overnight (don't remember why) and it did have a little stain, but a small amount of Soft Scrub got it out.

I should point out that my 2 bibs are red and blue. I do not have the white one and that might stain differently.

These bibs are NOT expensive if you realize that you only have to buy one or two. If you used cloth bibs you would be buying at least 12 and constantly laundering them.

bunnisa
04-11-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the response. It sounds like it might be smartest just to buy a dark color. And you're right about them being cheaper in the long run... I certainly don't need to add to my laundry!

Thank you!

:)

Bethany

trumansmom
04-11-2003, 11:31 AM
I have a white one and a red one, and I prefer the red one. The white one stained alot at first, but then we started putting it in the dishwasher and it looks much better. I think the packing says not to put them in the dishwasher, but we've been doing it for 8 months or so, and they look a lot better.

HTH-
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

PS
For a travel bib, I use a DEX bib. It's oil cloth and has a pocket that you snap together, but it unsnaps and folds flat. They take up very little space in a diaper bag. I really recommend them as well.

brubeck
04-11-2003, 12:27 PM
Mine have also gone in the dishwasher. I generally rinse them after a feeding and throw them in the dishwasher whenever I run it (3 times a week or so).