PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a baby Bathtub?

lisajo
04-13-2003, 12:13 PM
I am in the process of registering for items for our baby due next month. I've been researching which Bathtub to register for. I have found there are tons of negative reviews for every bathtub available. There are more negative reviews for bathtubs than any other products out there, I think.
I just wanted to ask what the parents here use? Do you even use a baby bathtub? If so, which one do you use/like?
Thanks,
Lisa

August Mom
04-13-2003, 12:37 PM
I noticed that when I registered too. The only tub that most parents seemed to like was the EuroBath. So, that's the one we got. I really like it. It is large, though, if you have storage issues.

Here's a link to a photo, description and reviews on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000056OV0/qid%3D1050254638/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-4445879-6678209

MinnieMouse
04-14-2003, 09:44 AM
We used the First Years tub for a month or so when dd was a newborn. Then we switched to the big bathtub. I would get in and hold her while giving her a bath. It was a TON easier than using a small tub and dd liked it SOOOO much more. I think that may be the reason why she adores her baths so much still at 21mo.

I think that the baby tub is key for the first weeks...but after that not really necessary.

Christine

mamahill
04-14-2003, 05:38 PM
I've never used a baby bathtub. We just lay a hand towel down (maybe folded extra where the head is), and lay Ainsleigh on that. Now that she's sitting, she sits on a towel. I just couldn't find a place to store the thing. Otherwise I might have purchased the Eurobath.

SophiasMom
04-14-2003, 08:07 PM
Ok. I am on my second bathtub now. I have nothing but praise for my EuroTub. The other one I had claimed it went through several stages of growth.( I can't remember the name of course because, needless to say, it is in storage. Maybe borrow one from a friend and test drive a few models first? I wish I had. Overall IMO EuroTub is well worth the storing space.

ddmarsh
04-14-2003, 09:14 PM
The Eurotub was not out with my other children and I can honestly say in comparison to the traditional type baby bath it is terrific. If feels so much more comfortable and safe, I don't have any fear that DD is going to slip. I personally find that it makes the bathing experience more relaxing.

Good luck and congrats!

Debbie

sweetbasil
04-15-2003, 11:06 PM
We had one and never used it...until we got the inflatable baby tub. After DS outgrew the sink, we'd just put the inflatable baby bathtub in a standard tub, and it was perfect. The older he got, the more he was able to sit unaided in it and then transitioning into the big bathtub was no problem at all. I've seen it at TJ Maxx, Target, and Baby Depot....Let's see if this link works: http://www.bcfdirect.com/IWStoreBCF.process?Merchant_Id=1&proc=IWCatProductPage&Section_Id=1162&pcount=&pn=1&Product_Id=169988

I've given it as a shower gift several times and new mommies are appreciative. If nothing else, it's perfect for traveling

HTH,

vikivoly
04-15-2003, 11:52 PM
Since we only have a shower stall I have to use a baby tub. Although, I would probably use one anyhow. I have the safety 1st 4-in-1 bath station. It has stages of use. We are currently using the bath sling with the tub. I really like the sling. There are a lot of complaints about it leaking, but I believe people are just not putting it together correctly. It comes in pieces, so you can take it apart for storage. It really is a pain to put together, so I wouldn't recommend breaking it apart all of the time.

Overall, I thinks its a good tub, not great, but good.

Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004D3EU/qid=1050467462/sr=5-2/ref=cm_lm_asin/102-2231118-3491330?v=glance

AngelaS
04-16-2003, 05:52 AM
I never used one with either of my girls. I didn't want to hassle with yet another baby product that you only use for a brief time and have to store. LOL

I bought one of the foam cushions and put that in my bathroom sink and filled up the sink and plopped baby in. She was as submerged as she would have been in a baby tub and it was much easier to drain and clean. :)

When she outgrew that, I had an inflatable tub that sat inside of the big tub. :)

HTH!

emilyf
04-16-2003, 08:18 AM
We have one, but don't use it very often. Usually Charlie just takes a shower with his dad, he loves this! Or occasionally I will get in the tub with him. Both of these are kind of 2 man operations, one of us has to be around to get him out when he's done. If I'm alone I do use the tub- we have a cheap fold up, I wouldn't really recommend it though.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

City Girl
04-16-2003, 04:45 PM
This one gets pretty good reviews too. HTH,

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000067EH7/ref=ba_br_o_a3//102-6954387-2915347?v=glance&s=baby&me=A1F83G8C2ARO7P

ATJ71
04-17-2003, 03:41 PM
I highly reccomend "white hot safety duck tub" by munchkin. www.munchkininc.com.
price is about $10. has a built in saftey disc that let's you know when water is too hot, perfect for travel, and it can easily hang in shower by suction cup. their web site will let you know according to your area where they can be purchased. I have given them as gifts and only find people and babies love them.

:)ALI mom to 8 month old

C99
04-17-2003, 06:05 PM
We have the Eurobath. It's been used exactly once. Nate hated it and since it's easier to bathe him in the tub with one of us, that is what we do.

kmty
04-18-2003, 07:21 PM
We just washed Ben over the sink for the first couple of weeks. Then we used a hand-me-down Safety 1st Fold Down Tub, and that worked fine. Since he turned 6 months, we have used the Eurobath. It's a little hard because he isn't sitting up completely on his own, but he doesn't completely feel comfortably reclining anymore (not that the reclining part is bad.

I recommend both the Fold Down Tub and the Eurobath.

- Kathy (Mom to Ben born 9/20/2002)