PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity Plus Highchair - Portofino by evenflo

Laila
04-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Hi

I have lurked for weeks now divulging all the goodies. I saw at a web site which rated the above mentioned highchair highly. Has anyone tried it? my main criteria is storability. We have a very small house.

daisymommy
04-16-2003, 09:12 AM
We almost got this one because it looked like a great high chair with all the options. But here are the flaws that kept us from buying it:

When baby is in the chair, the tray is at chin level--way to high to be functional! And Josh is 29" long at 8 months--tall for his age, and he was still far below the tray. Even though he isn't quite feeding himself yet, we like to put toys on the tray (epsecially the Sassy suction cup one), for Josh to play with while we eat.

The "snack tray" that is supposed to swing open to get baby in to the seat is almost impossible to get open with TWO hands, let alone one with a struggling baby in the other.

The waist strap is very short. It was on the end of the strap with Josh. There was no more grow room!

We got the Baby Trend high chair in Navy Blue, and love it! It folds up slim and trim for storage, and has all the other great features parents usually look for. The seat is fabric, but I went over it twice with scotchguard, it it really worked. I fed Josh carrots and peas the other day, and as he was "helping" they got on the seat. A damp cloth wisked them right off like it was vinyl!

Good Luck.

City Girl
04-16-2003, 04:40 PM
I was looking at this one as an alternative to the Baby Trend too, in case I can't get that one, because it seems to have similar features, but now I'll have to make sure I try the tray & everything before I get it.

LailaCa
04-16-2003, 08:09 PM
I too am confused. I really wanted the Chicco Mama...but my dh really likes this Evenflo. He says (as an engineer) that he thinks, from observation, that the Evenflo is better.

Has anyone read the latest edition of the book to know what the authors said were the bad points of the Mama and how did the Evenflo rate?

Please help...thanks.

Laila
04-16-2003, 11:46 PM
Oh boy, I live in Ca too. This can be confusing. And DH and I are both engineers! Too funny.

Thanks for the advice. I will put the baby trend on my list to check out.

votre_ami03
04-17-2003, 02:16 PM
I was considering this chair too. I really liked the look of it. Even though the baby isn't here yet.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

jd11365
04-19-2003, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I liked the look of this and the features, but it had a fabric chair pad instead of vinyl. I didn't want to have to wash all the time instead of wiping clean. I went with the Deluxe FP healthy choice from Target that doesn't have the ruffles. Won't be using it for months, so I don't know if I made the right decision, but that was my thinking...

Jamie
EDD 5/9/03

StaceyKim
11-30-2003, 04:01 PM
This is the best highchair!!!! It's not even the one I bought! My mom and dad bought this for my DS for when we visit. He just loves it and the features are incredible! It is NOT too high at all. My DS is 7 months and it fits him perfectly. In fact I am going to buy one for my house as well. We bought a beautiful handpainted wooden one that I loved but DS doesn't like to sit in it for too long.
My DS watches videos in it. It reclines and he has actually taken a quick nap in it. I love it!!!! I wish I bought this one originally!
HTH