PDA

View Full Version : Gymini Super Deluxe Light & Music Mat by Tiny Love - anyone else have this?

1st timeparents
04-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Checking to see if anyone has this play mat - we have registered for it and are looking for some feedback. We thought it looked cool in the store...but as usual you find yourself second guessing. Any thoughts would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Karen

bathbody
04-22-2003, 04:21 PM
I bought one, though baby isn't here yet. I like the fact that the music isn't loud at all. I was really hoping for black, white, red with music! Wish they made one.

lisams
04-22-2003, 06:20 PM
We got this when our DD was 2 months old and she still loves it (she's now 5 months). This is one of her favorite toys! At first she would just stare at the toys but then started batting, and now she grabs at them like crazy. I must say that the sounds and lights part is never used! I wish I would have saved $10 and just bought the Gymini Deluxe. I got sick of the music (and the nursery rhymes only play once, you have to keep hitting the mat to make it play again) and the lights are not that exciting to my DD.

HTH!
Lisa

Annette_C
04-22-2003, 08:56 PM
We have one also.
Sabrina's been playing on it since she was 2 weeks old and still likes it! She gets fascinated by the lights and the music calms her down (like everything else with babies, not always, though!). She also likes the dangling animals but her most favorite part from the beginning is the mirror!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

JLiebCamm
04-22-2003, 09:16 PM
I bought a brand new one on Ebay for $35 since the store that I was registered at didn't carry the Super Deluxe. We've been very happy with it, although it isn't one of the baby items that I would rank in the "must-have" category. When my DS was 1-2 months old he would lay under it and look around for 5-10 minutes if he was in a good mood, but didn't tolerate any stomach activity. In his 3rd month he would lie on his stomach and watch the lights for short periods of time while the music played. And now in his fourth month he is much more fascinated by the mirror and grabs at the dangling objects. I think it is a good tool for early learning and sensory stimulation, but not something that you can't live without. If you already have your essential items or expect to get them as gifts, why not keep it on your registry and consider it more of a "luxury toy" if you receive it.

Jessica
Mom to Nathan 12-20-02

stillplayswithbarbies
04-22-2003, 11:07 PM
We have this and love it. My daughter has been looking in the mirror almost since birth. We got a toy to add to it, also by Tiny Love, that is three chimes that the baby kicks. She will lay there looking in the mirror at herself and kicking the chimes, its a very pleasant sound.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

lisams
04-23-2003, 12:38 AM
I forgot to add that we have the chimes also, and DD loves them! They make such a nice sound, and she loves to kick them! She also likes the mirror!

Lisa

MinnieMouse
04-23-2003, 10:51 AM
We had the regular Noah's Ark Gymnini with dd who is now 21mo. To be honest if it had been available then, I wouldn't have opted for the lights and music. Dd has SO MANY things that sing and blink that I search...sometimes futily... for things that don't that she can play with.

Dd ADORED her Noah's Ark Gymnini until she started crawling at 6mo. In fact she was on it within 15min of coming home from the hospital and often would nap on it while we were in the living room. I think the Gymini's are great, but I don't think the electronics are necessary.

HTH

Christine

sarasprings
04-24-2003, 08:56 AM
We just put that toy away (DS is 12 months). He loved it from when we got it (4months) until recently. We got it because of the mirror, but he also played with the attachments. We actually still have the animals out because he still plays with them.

DS was not at all interested in the nursery rhyme music or the lights until he was older -- maybe 7 months. Then, he occasionally enjoyed watching the lights. A little later, he realized how to get the music to start up and would routinely crawl over to the mat and tug on a flower. A little later, he got a music toy with a mallet and spent a couple of days hitting everything on the mat to see what would make noise.

I'm glad we got it, even though it was more expensive. The music extend its life for DS.

stillplayswithbarbies
04-24-2003, 09:55 PM
I just saw this is on sale for $49.99 at kidssurplus. I don't know how much the shipping would be though.

http://www.kidsurplus.com/mgi00810.html

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03