PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody heard of "Express Duvet" grocery cart covers?

nigele
05-05-2003, 10:13 AM
My local USA Baby has these on order and I am debating on whether to wait and see them or order another brand online. (I am in a rush to get something - everytime I put my baby in a grocery cart I cringe!) Does anybody have an Express Duvet cover? I can't seem to find them online.

TIA!

NickiB
05-07-2003, 03:32 PM
I am not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but go to www.comfylilbaby.com and they have a cover for over the grocery cart. I have heard other moms say they really like them. Also, I am not sure if they have Right start stores in your area but they also carried one pattern in the store by us here in CA. The website has more patterns though.
Good luck,
Nicki

zen_bliss
05-07-2003, 04:31 PM
thanks for the tip! these are *really* cute and all the customization and coordinating extra options are pretty fantastic. it says they are now on sale for $40. add another great contender to the ongoing shopping cart cover pool! i already ordered my snazzybaby, but i'm still curious if anyone has a first hand review to share?

akc
05-25-2003, 11:36 PM
Wait - wait! Have you gotten one yet! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine - it's by Baby-a-la-Cart (www.babyalacart.com) The woman who makes them, Lynn, made one for her granddaughter and then got so many requests she made it into a business. It's big and puffy and fits perfectly over the grocery cart AND you can use it for restaurant high chairs too (we probably do that more often!) It also has little loops sewn on the front for toys or pacifiers, etc. It also has a safety strap that goes around the cart and then the baby's waist. The best part, I think, is that it rolls up into itself to make a little purse-like bag that then uses the safety strap as a shoulder strap. We just sling it over our shoulder, link the toys on the outside (our Tiny Love gymini toys that are still her favorite despite the fact that the Gymini is long gone), and go!

We LOVE ours and keep it in the car and probably use it 3 times a week or more. We've gotten so many questions about it that we have little referral forms to tell people about it b/c it's not carried in stores anywhere. I'm telling you - it is so plush that my DD put her head down on the side of the Target cart last Friday and took a nap! How unbelievable is that given how gross and uncomfortable those carts are - I highly recommend it!

You can choose from different prints (We have the Blue Jean Animals print) and even send your own fabric if you want a really special one. They also have Curious George patterns which are just adorable.

OK - I'll stop gushing, but we give it for shower gifts and tell everyone we know. HTH - :)

Alexa

p.s. all the info is on the website, but here's a link to the page that has the instructions and a pic of the Baby A La Cart rolled up (B/c it's hard to find on the website) http://www.babyalacart.com/instruction.htm - the roll and go feature was really important to us. I didn't want YET ANOTHER bag or some loose pillowy thing. Also, watch the slide show to see more images of it and it on a high chair.

August Mom
05-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Okay, Alexa, you sound like the perfect person to ask since you love the roll up feature of the BABY ala Cart. I have one too in the Blue Jean Animals print and can never seem to get it to stay rolled up. What's the secret. I find the instructions on the site less than helpful. TIA

petersmom
05-30-2003, 11:33 AM
I have the buggy bagg shopping cart/high chair cover.
ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! Even completly cover carts at Costco. It has a zippered section in back for extras ie. diapers toys. snd extra pillow. Also fits great in wooden high chairs in restaurants, leaving nothing exposed!!
can be found at buggybagg.com
I've bought this for all my new mom friends.
Peter's mom