PDA

View Full Version : Baby Monitors

Cindder
05-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi, I am expecting twins in a couple of weeks and my DH and I were thinking about getting a "walkie/talkie" kind of monitor (we currently have FP sounds and lights). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. Our place has 3 floors and we thought it would be easier to be able to talk to one another if we need to rather than walk up to the same floor. I hear Graco has a new 900 walkie/talkie. I was wondering if that one was a good one? I read a post on the video monitors...something else to think about.

Thanks for any help!

liya
05-07-2003, 10:55 PM
I have the evenflo 3000 series which does have an intercome thing on it...I found it quite useful when i was nursing him in the glider and ran out of water to call my hubby and that he could answer me...lol.....It was the only one that worked in my house with all the interference and all but the sound quality is really really good(at least for me) the FB S&L didnt work in my house it was really statiky.....

hope this helps

Cindder
05-08-2003, 06:33 AM
Thank you! I will look into that model.

millerpjm
06-01-2003, 06:52 AM
We had the Graco 900 mhz walkie talkie monitor for about 2 months... it was the first one we bought, so we did not have anything to compare it to. We thought it seemed static-y and hard to hear baby.... we had to have the volume turned up all the way on the parent units. It also interfered with our 900mhz phone. We also kept getting phone calls from one of our neighbors over it. We returned it to get the FP sound and lights and could not believe how much clearer the FP monitor was. Maybe it was just the one we bought, but if you do try it... save the receipt.

Jen

Proud mama of Thomas (almost 4 months)

jd11365
06-01-2003, 09:56 PM
I also have the Evenflo 3000 series...works great...we tried them all (intercom styles), and this had the best clarity.

Ang6
06-03-2003, 02:12 PM
Is this the one with 2 receivers? If so, I tried it and got nothing but static. BAD static. I also think it depends on your house, but reading reviews on it, most people tend to have the same problem ithe it. Good luck!