PDA

View Full Version : bilingual videos

cdlamis
05-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Hi,
I remember reading a post a while back talking about music/videos in differen languages. I found "Biligual Baby" videos on Amazon.com
Here is the link
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index%3Dvhs%26field-keywords%3Dbilingual/104-2912166-4444719

They have Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Hebrew, Portuguese, and a bunch of others.
We just got ours in the mail yestersday and we love it. It is sort of like the Baby Einstein videos- it show images of the foreign word while saying the word out loud with soft classical music in the background. It goes thru colors, numbers, basic words, sentences, etc. It is actually more fun to watch than I thought it would be. It also has the English transaltion in the bottom corner.
They don't have them in DVD though- just VHS. And it was around $10.
Hope this helps!
Daniella and Julia 6-13-02

kk
05-19-2003, 03:11 PM
We have German and Japanese- they are nice and remind me of Baby Mozart, etc. However, the footage for all of the videos is EXACTLY the same. Just the voices/language are different. In fact, I think the music is the same too. One or two would be nice to have (as we do), but if you buy all 6 you're going to go crazy looking at the same cat and apple and stroller all the time. Kristan (but I do high;y recommend at least one)