PDA

View Full Version : Need New Toy Suggestions

twins r fun
05-19-2003, 02:52 PM
In an effort to be a little better about getting the boys laundry put away (I confess they've been living out of the laundry basket lately), I want a new really cool toy for their bedroom. I hope that this will first of all encourage me to spend time in their room (which we rarely do now) so I might have the opportunity to put laundry away and also keep them out of my way so I can get the clothes put away without their "help :)" I want something kind of big and special that they only get to play with while I put laundry away. Their room is not big and has two of everything in it, but since we never use it except for sleep, I figure I can take up a good chunk of the remaining floor space. What I and they would probably really like is a train set on a table but I'm not ready to put out that much money right now. Can you guys think of anything else? I was thinking maybe an easel, but then I have to watch to carefully to make sure they aren't coloring on the walls. I looked on amazon, but didn't find anything I was sure about. Maybe the Little People Airport-anyone have that? Also needs to be something that is big enough for both or small and inexpensive enough to buy two (sharing is not going so well :)). Thanks for your ideas!

egoldber
05-19-2003, 03:00 PM
Nicole, how about something like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3130927180&category=2574

One of the moms in my playgroup has this toy and it is a HUGE hit with toddlers! It has two sides, so both boys can play at the same time. At playgroup, 3-4 20 month olds could easily play at it. I don't know if Little Tikes still makes this, but lots of consignment shops have things like this. I picked up a Little Tikes Kitchen today at my local consignment shop for $25 and I was very happy! They had several large Little Tikes toys, including a work bench, but not this particular one.

HTH,

twins r fun
05-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Thanks Beth! That would be perfect. Doesn't look like LT still makes it but they have another (plastic) model that would do the trick. I'm investigating prices, etc now. I've given up on our consignment shop-it is much more miss than hit and such a pain to go to with stroller, boys, etc to come home empty handed.

egoldber
05-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Nicole, at some shops you can call them and get on a waiting list for a toy. Then when one comes in, they give you a call and you just go pick it up.

HTH,

lukkykatt
05-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Something that has really gotten alot of activity at our house is the Little People Discovery City. DS still plays with it just about every day (we've had it for a year and a half). Between all of his friends, they have played with every Little People toy, and this is the one the gets the most use, by far.

twins r fun
05-20-2003, 10:37 PM
Funny! I came really close to buying this at TRU last night. I had thought of the airport and then saw the city and thought it looked better. I haven't figured out what to do yet so it's still in the running.

twins r fun
05-20-2003, 10:38 PM
I'll have to look into this!

egoldber
05-20-2003, 10:41 PM
The Discovery City is another very popular playgroup toy. If you are bothered by noises, then don't get it. It plays this song when you hit a button "Little People da da da da...." over and over and over again. May not bother a lot of people, but it sure gets me!

Poor Sarah!

APG
05-21-2003, 05:59 AM
dd LOVES tje LP airport

darebear
05-21-2003, 09:45 AM
KB Toys has two of the workshop toys on clearance with free shipping.

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/1882639/ctid/17/ls/toys

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/1047271/ctid/17/ls/toys

Allison

twins r fun
05-21-2003, 10:41 AM
OMG! Thank you, thank you!!! That is such a great deal, esp the first one. As soon as I put these boys down for a nap I have to figure out what I want and order one. Even if I don't use it for their bedroom, I'll order one at that price!